• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Irene and the mid-Atlantic (Pre-game show)

Ian

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! I almost started a MD tropical thread this morning... glad i wasn't alone :)

Not too much for me to add at this point... in "wait and see" mode until we start seeing this inside 120hr. I'll have to call Jason in the next day or two for 'cane chasing :weight_lift:

Let's not forget that, despite developing the cyclone, the Euro still had no landfall (EDIT: by the eye at least) by the end of the run. We'll have to see if that changes. The 12z has begun...

Tropical storm force winds from 97L at DCA... you heard it here first, folks!

(If I'm right I'm awesome... If I'm wrong than this is a joke post)

I like our chances for something given the pattern... that is if the storm actually becomes big which I have some doubts about.

I'm hoping for a tornado outbreak.

I like our chances for something given the pattern... that is if the storm actually becomes big which I have some doubts about.

I'm hoping for a tornado outbreak.

I want an Isabel or an Ivan. Either we get big winds or tornadoes. MOther nature pick your poison.

A big windstorm from a transitioning to ET storm would be nice too.

Oh please...you're the one that's always whining about how the storms are missing you :arrowhead:

I'm not saying BethesdaWx is one of these people, because for all I know he doesn't want his power going out, but I love the people who pretend to be concerned or worried. I'm talking about the people who act like they don't want severe weather (because they don't want their power to go out or something) when deep down they are rooting for it. The main example is in the winter when there is a ZR threat and we get the "how on earth can you root for that?!?! Have you ever lost your power for more than an hour? No thanks! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gifrolleyes.gif"

I'm sure some of those people truly don't want any part of it. There are, however, probably an equal number who express the same sentiment but really want a major ice storm.

DT was going nuts last night about either the 00z GFS or EURO... something about Cat 2/3 in NC/E VA

DT goes nuts every night. At this point,

LA-FL landfall is the most likely, with an outside chance of GA-Delmarva and an even further outside chance at the W Gulf (and let's not forget the fish option). At this point, I'd give the odds of a GA-Delmarva landfall about 15-20%... landfall in OUR region around 5%

I'm not saying BethesdaWx is one of these people, because for all I know he doesn't want his power going out, but I love the people who pretend to be concerned or worried. I'm talking about the people who act like they don't want severe weather (because they don't want their power to go out or something) when deep down they are rooting for it. The main example is in the winter when there is a ZR threat and we get the "how on earth can you root for that?!?! Have you ever lost your power for more than an hour? No thanks! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gifrolleyes.gif"

I'm sure some of those people truly don't want any part of it. There are, however, probably an equal number who express the same sentiment but really want a major ice storm.

I'll bet that just about every poster who hopes for severe weather and ice storms do not own their own home. I don't want wind or ice storms ever. Power outages, tree damage, roof damage, home destruction......yeah, I think I'll pass on those.

I'll bet that just about every poster who hopes for severe weather and ice storms do not own their own home. I don't want wind or ice storms ever. Power outages, tree damage, roof damage, home destruction......yeah, I think I'll pass on those.

Although, with that said - just about every type of exciting weather will do one or more of those things - even extreme heat can cause a power outage.

The chance of getting home damage is minimal enough to not think about it IMO.

Archived