• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Hurricane Irene and the mid-Atlantic (Pre-game show)

Ian

Hell....Hurricane Earl was still a blast (literally and figuratively). Funny how folks get so impatient about these things. Relax and enjoy it. Not like your life, income, etc. depend on it.

It may not be the parade of storms...but Africa still has some storm activity yet to emerge off the western coast. It'll happen even if not this time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As badly as I want that 0Z GFS to verify, and as badly as we NEED it to out here, it's just way too good to be true. Ever since Feb 5, 2010, everything that could go wrong to prevent us from getting precip, has gone wrong. All systems, whether closed lows or convective lines have tended to miss us to the east, SE, and NE. I will not be jumping from the roof when this one probably does as well; I've given up wishing and hoping. My grass is long since dead, and we've already suffered through perhaps the worst heat wave in history; rain now is not going to change that. If / when this storm passes us to the east, I will simply shake my head, chuckle, and continue to water my most at risk shrubbery.

Hell....Hurricane Earl was still a blast (literally and figuratively). Funny how folks get so impatient about these things. Relax and enjoy it. Not like your life, income, etc. depend on it.

It may not be the parade of storms...but Africa still has some storm activity yet to emerge off the western coast. It'll happen even if not this time.

Perhaps Hurricane Earl is a good analog afterall. May need to shift the overall track SW and impose less of a recurve.

Archived