12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August Obs.

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything to look forward too other than slightly cooler weather? GFS looks rather boring through the next 10 days.

Well, Mr. Kid, we have the dramatic rush to pack in as many 90's as possible so we can break the record! Oh, the tension...can we, will we...is this the hottest summer ever??? How can we stand this not knowing? Can we survive :) I'm .4 away from another 90 now at 2pm....count it. The suspense is draining...or, maybe it's the heat, lol. T

Edit: Of the last 31 days here ( at the Experiment Station), 27 have been 90 or over. Including 2 96's, a 96.9, and yesterdays 97. And I just hit 92.3 today at 2:35.

I don' think I've ever seen more boring weather in my life. I've had .15" of rain in the last 22 days !! Dry as a bone today with dp's in the 40s.

Atlanta is closing in on the record for most 90+ days in a year. Currently at 83 days, last year was 2nd with 85, and 1980 had the most ever with 90.

To the contrary, I think this wx is actually very exciting due to the potential record # of 90+ days despite this absolutely awful summer comfortwise and utility costwise.

Made it to 91º for a high but with the tolerable dewpoint and humidity, it was actually a decent day to be outside. I missed the nice breeze I was feeling from Irene but thankfully she's pulled away, though the NE is now having their fair share of problems. NYC, for example, looked pretty awful from all the flooding/wind damage. A few pictures and videos that I saw were pretty scary. Category 1 or not, Irene made sure her impact put a hurting in areas across the MA/NE states.

Glad all our ENC members made it through relatively ok...

Was looking at the GFS this evening and noticing how the long range is looking more and more like early fall...I've kinda felt like this for the last couple weeks and it continues tonight...Irene may have been our landfall opportunity for the season. I think the -NAO may be kicking back in to block the Southeast.

Another record goes down...lol With only 4 days this summer below 90, 16 days above 100, and 12 days with low's just below 70, will this summer beat, tie or come in second to last year's hottest summer ever? Stay tuned... :lol:

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

653 AM EDT SUN AUG 28 2011

...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT COLUMBIA SC...

THE CALENDAR DAY MINIMUM TEMPERATURE AT COLUMBIA METROPOLITAN

AIRPORT WAS 80 DEGREES YESTERDAY...TYING THE RECORD HIGH MINIMUM

TEMPERATURE FOR THE DATE. THE PREVIOUS RECORD HIGH MINIMUM

TEMPERATURE AT COLUMBIA FOR AUGUST 27TH WAS SET IN 1998.

DAILY TEMPERATURE RECORDS FOR THE COLUMBIA AREA DATE BACK TO 1887.

The nights are getting really nice...Low to mid 60's for the week. Feels great!

Exactly!! Even down in Atlanta the nights are getting better. It's still hot as hell in the day but it quickly cools to a tolerable level shortly after sunset. I'm looking forward to comfortable days and cool nights!!! First up-slope snows in the TN/NC mountains should be in the next 60 days or so. I can't wait to take a trip up there and see some dusting of snows! 45 days till the fall equinox and 3 days till meteorological fall. This summer to remember/forget is almost over!!!

61 this morning and it felt great. However, this is day 25 without measurable rainfall. I'm thankful that I don't have to cut grass but my fall seeds came in and I hate planting and having to run the sprinkler. I was surprised to find moisture only 3 inches down in my raised beds. I guess the sun angle being low keeps evaporation down.

Also, I played golf in Calhoun on Saturday and the wind was wicked. The course was wide open but it has been years since I played in wind like that. I hit the ball very high so it threw my game off big time. The one bright spot was a 330 yard drive on 18. The wind helped that one out big time.

61 this morning and it felt great. However, this is day 25 without measurable rainfall. I'm thankful that I don't have to cut grass but my fall seeds came in and I hate planting and having to run the sprinkler. I was surprised to find moisture only 3 inches down in my raised beds. I guess the sun angle being low keeps evaporation down.

Also, I played golf in Calhoun on Saturday and the wind was wicked. The course was wide open but it has been years since I played in wind like that. I hit the ball very high so it threw my game off big time. The one bright spot was a 330 yard drive on 18. The wind helped that one out big time.

Felt great this morning! I was at 62.

Nice 330 yards, big dawg!!! You must of played Fields Ferry? I love that course, always in good shape and the price is right

Felt great this morning! I was at 62.

Nice 330 yards, big dawg!!! You must of played Fields Ferry? I love that course, always in good shape and the price is right

I can catch a drive every once in awhile. You can't beat Fields Ferry for the money. The greens were in horrible shap though.

Gonna be nasty if we get some strong winds, lots of beat up and leaning tree around. Radar had a good looking storm with a hook up east of Ahoskie as well so these things are wanting to turn some, also lots of people without power as well that might not get warning of really bad weather headed their way.

Archived