• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August Obs.

Psalm 148:8

Well, using my crystal ball to try and fathom the mysteries of Goofyness in LaLa Land, looks like at least one trop low would form in the gulf. Sounds about right for this time of year, and Goofy didn't do too bad with the present track, missing by a few hundred miles or more to the east, lol. From the spine of Fla. to a maybe fish. So..I'm with you, bring it up from the gulf where it is born, and we might get some rain. Meanwhle, I believe the next week will nail a tie for 90's with last year, and I think the record, for down here anyway, is well within reach. It has been so hot this summer I'm actually used to mid 90's now, and that is frightening to me. If we can adapt that fast to continuous, terrible heat, what is to come of us, lol. In a few years we'll be wearing those bodily fluid recirculators from Dune! T

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, using my crystal ball to try and fathom the mysteries of Goofyness in LaLa Land, looks like at least one trop low would form in the gulf. Sounds about right for this time of year, and Goofy didn't do too bad with the present track, missing by a few hundred miles or more to the east, lol. From the spine of Fla. to a maybe fish. So..I'm with you, bring it up from the gulf where it is born, and we might get some rain. Meanwhle, I believe the next week will nail a tie for 90's with last year, and I think the record, for down here anyway, is well within reach. It has been so hot this summer I'm actually used to mid 90's now, and that is frightening to me. If we can adapt that fast to continuous, terrible heat, what is to come of us, lol. In a few years we'll be wearing those bodily fluid recirculators from Dune! T

Lol. Yeah, it's gotten to the point where 90 degrees seems like a cool day. And God forbid we have a day where temps stay in the 80s !! I'll have to get my jacket out. I have to remind myself that my average high is only 86 !!

Lol. Yeah, it's gotten to the point where 90 degrees seems like a cool day. And God forbid we have a day where temps stay in the 80s !! I'll have to get my jacket out. I have to remind myself that my average high is only 86 !!

Well, you're the keeper of the record for 90's, so keep us informed. When we break the record I plan to have a nice fire going in the wood stove to celebrate :) T

Well, my dear, the last goofy had two tropical systems coming up through here in the late days of la la, so there is still a chance for us :) I'm hoping you can catch some feeder bands as the storm goes by you! If nothing else maybe you can feel some stiff breezes blowing the 90's at you, lol. Tony

:lol: CAE just gave this area a token Lake Wind Advisory. At least it gives the 90's a much more comfortable feel. :wub::lol:

96 here at 4. So much for goofy over shooting the high temps. And it's getting hotter the closer to fall we get, lol. Bizzarro world. T

Yep, the days are getting shorter. The sun is getting lower in the sky. And the temps are getting hotter. Makes a lot of sense lol.

BTW, I think Atlanta hit 99 today which would be the hottest day in 4 years.

Yep, the days are getting shorter. The sun is getting lower in the sky. And the temps are getting hotter. Makes a lot of sense lol.

BTW, I think Atlanta hit 99 today which would be the hottest day in 4 years.

Lol, they did hit 99 for a high (through 4:30 PM anyway)! As was mentioned by someone else, sinking motion outside of Irene probably had something to do with that. I have three interesting things to note about this impressive accomplishment:

1) The Fri 12Z Goofy predicted only 98 lol. So, it actually underforecasted on the hottest day of the summer to date! Keep in mind those days back in July with those many ridiculous Goofy runs with highs of 102-105, and one of an insane 108 (all at KATL)! Yet, the hottest it ever got in July was "only" 97. Figure that one out! Oh Goofy, you're still as goofy as ever!

2) The hottest at 850 today is probably going to come in at only ~+21C to +22 C, which is certainly high but not all that unusual. The hottest to date this summer is probably ~+23 C

3) Due to much lower TD's vs. the earlier heatwaves, today's 99F likely felt a lot better than many of those mid 90 days in July.

Lol, they did hit 99 for a high (through 4:30 PM anyway)! As was mentioned by someone else, sinking motion outside of Irene probably had something to do with that. I have three ineresting things to note about this impressive accomplishment:

1) The Fri 12Z Goofy predicted only 98 lol. So, it actually underforecasted on the hottest say of the summer to date! Keep in mind those days back in July with those many ridiculous Goofy runs with highs of 102-105, and one of an insane 108 (all at KATL)! Yet, the hottest it ever got in July was "only" 97. Figure that one out! Oh Goofy, you're still as goofy as ever!

2) The hottest at 850 today is probably going to come in at only ~+21C to +22 C, which is certainly high but not all that unusual. The hottest to date this summer is probably ~+23 C

3) Due to much lower TD's vs. the earlier heatwaves, today's 99F likely felt a lot better than many of those mid 90 days in July.

You are absolutely right about today not feeling as bad as many of those mid 90s day in July ( or even low 90 days) The low humidity actually made it feel tolerable, especially in the shade. It was still very hot in the sun though, but I can tell that humidity makes a big difference

Whoever scheduled a 5pm football game in late August in Georgia needs to have their head examined.

We had a middle school football game thurs nite....needless to say I did not stay! It started at 4:30...it was 97-98 degrees several days this week.....it was so hot, when I got in my car in the afternoons, the cd player was spitting out my cds! Finally gave up and quit sticking them back in there everyday.

Archived