bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its bad up here. Lightning has struck nearby twice. Still raining like crazy...

Here it is, it's gonna be bad. My fiance says it's absolutely dumping in buckets near our house and the bottom just fell out here at work. Coming down extremely hard. I think we hit the rain lottery today, and it's about time!

Guess what? ANOTHER screw job here- probably will end up with only a few tenths if I am really lucky, nothing worse that having continuous thunder for over an hour, the sky gets very dark, and voila! the storm parts and reforms to the south. This is getting completely ridiculous. Will go out and water again tonight- I knew if we missed today that would be it for another week. Blargh.

Guess what? ANOTHER screw job here- probably will end up with only a few tenths if I am really lucky, nothing worse that having continuous thunder for over an hour, the sky gets very dark, and voila! the storm parts and reforms to the south. This is getting completely ridiculous. Will go out and water again tonight- I knew if we missed today that would be it for another week. Blargh.

Don't give up hope yet. Looks like we could be in store for a very wet end to the week and weekend. Here's what BMX says:

BY THURSDAY...THE BOUNDARY IS EXPECTED TO LIFT BACK

NORTHWARD AS A PSEUDO WARM FRONT BRINGING A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF

MOISTURE...AND ANOTHER BOUGHT WITH WIDESPREAD SHOWERS AND

THUNDERSTORMS THROUGH AT LEAST THE WEEKEND

Actually I don't know for sure....my rain guage has never malfunctioned before, but so many places around me are getting good rain on the Wundermap from Weather Underground.

I can let you know for sure this weekend when I go check my rain barrel! :)

What about you? Any luck?

Maybe .10, very disappointing. On to the next potential event! hope you made out OK :thumbsup:

You are getting decent rain?

:thumbsdown: i hope someone did.

not one. drop. of. rain. imby. at all. :( it looked great on radar and every freaking drop dried up about 1/2 cty away :gun_bandana:

tell me about. those of us in the summer no-storm screw zone are getting screwed over and over again. even with 70-80% chances. its depressing and infuriating. sigh - maybe we can make up for it in the winter lol

i was going to water today but with the thunder and clouds and radar i just "knew" we'd get rain. i should have watered.

Its bad up here. Lightning has struck nearby twice. Still raining like crazy...

it got bad.... I was walking out the door from work and guess what.... flash, boom. Scared the you know what out of me. Two close encounters with lightning outside in one day is too much to handle. This second time was farther away but man what luck.... Cobb racked up today, epic rains and lightning today best in a LONG time.

Maybe .10, very disappointing. On to the next potential event! hope you made out OK :thumbsup:

Thanks, I think I did okay, watching the radar returns. I'm gonna have to get a more reliable weather station. And wow I really wish you had gotten more, so disappointing with the 80% chance.... Maybe when the front comes back up later this week...

Pocked up another .40" or so today.

Interesting tidbit, thanks to the CoCoRaHS database. This is the first time this year where I've recorded more than 1/10" on three consecutive days. Database error won't let me search back further in time to see when the last time this happened was.

Wicked storm here at Holden beach right now. Had probably a 50 mph wind gust blow all the deck furniture clear across from one side of the house to the other and slam into the railing. Currently having nearly constant lightning thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks, I think I did okay, watching the radar returns. I'm gonna have to get a more reliable weather station. And wow I really wish you had gotten more, so disappointing with the 80% chance.... Maybe when the front comes back up later this week...

Experimental Station on 129 had .85, lucky dogs!

Experimental Station on 129 had .85, lucky dogs!

I only had .24" on the other side of the range and this was due to a tiny pop up cell that happened in the middle of the afternoon. And that tiny pop up cell was moving NE of all directions which was completely not the direction everything else was going. I got nothing from that late afternoon/evening action.

Archived