Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything looks very nice for North Georgia and rains, things are blossoming nicely right now! Congrats to all who are winners today!

Its gonna be seriously hard not to get a good shower or two by the looks of radar. In fact, its starting to sprinkle here! Good luck!

I'm only at 1.75 for the month so this would be especially nice.

looks like 12z doesn't carry it. Knew it was too good to be true. Sometimes it catches something, loses it, and brings it back, so there's still a little bit of hope. Otherwise, here comes another 594 ridge Friday through Sunday.

.38" in about 1 hour! Looks like west Marietta is getting hit hard.

Yep! Rain started about 10 minutes ago. Very nice steady rain. I'm sitting pretty for some good totals from this. Just head some thunder too! Wow after such bad luck I've been graced with rain 4 of the last 5 days! It's not adding up to a ton but the way it's spread out is giving me hope and water from the sky is always a good thing this summer.

I'm one lucky guy. Just missed getting struck by lighting by mere feet. Almost had a heart attack. I was standing on the front deck at work watching the rain and a bolt hit the telephone pole about 20 yards away from me. Extremely loud and dangerous That's the closest I've ever been to getting stuck before. My heart is still pounding.

I'm one lucky guy. Just missed getting struck by lighting by mere feet. Almost had a heart attack. I was standing on the front deck at work watching the rain and a bolt hit the telephone pole about 20 yards away from me. Extremely loud and dangerous That's the closest I've ever been to getting stuck before. My heart is still pounding.

:yikes: Wow. That would've sucked big time.

Getting easily the heaviest rain I've seen all year. If this lasts a while it will really add up....and there is the thunder. I hung out my wash to get that nice air dried feel.

I may have discovered the key to getting heavy rain! T

Same here. It is officially raining like a mofo here in Smyrna. I haven't seen a sustained downpour like this for quite a while.

:yikes: Wow. That would've sucked big time.

Was talking to some folks who were inside and they said it hit just across the street. So it's probably more like 100-150 yards away but I still think it was closer than that. I'll go with 100 yards but regardless it was a close encounter. It may have seemed worse to me because I was outside. I saw the bends and curves of the bolt it was so close. I was only able to see a portion of it as my building was obstructing some of my view. It was close and I'm still sitting at my desk with a pounding heart. I could hear crackling of some sort, through power lines I think.

Was talking to some folks who were inside and they said it hit just across the street. So it's probably more like 100-150 yards away but I still think it was closer than that. I'll go with 100 yards but regardless it was a close encounter. It may have seemed worse to me because I was outside. I saw the bends and curves of the bolt it was so close. I was only able to see a portion of it as my building was obstructing some of my view. It was close and I'm still sitting at my desk with a pounding heart. I could hear crackling of some sort, through power lines I think.

I was doing an art show in Roswell park back in the 80's and lightening set the telephone pole across the street on fire. I was set up on the side walk, so it was whatever the width of a side street is. I've been within 50 feet of a strike on 3 occasions and you never get used to it. I had friends in Atl. who wouldn't stand near me when it is storming. I've got some friends who were sitting in their car on Daytona beach when the car got struck. And an old girl friend was struck when she was a kid. So it can always be worse :) Just smile and feel lucky...that's what I do...and that's all you can do, 'cause it can get you in the house, if it wants, lol. T

I was doing an art show in Roswell park back in the 80's and lightening set the telephone pole across the street on fire. I was set up on the side walk, so it was whatever the width of a side street is. I've been within 50 feet of a strike on 3 occasions and you never get used to it. I had friends in Atl. who wouldn't stand near me when it is storming. I've got some friends who were sitting in their car on Daytona beach when the car got struck. And an old girl friend was struck when she was a kid. So it can always be worse :) Just smile and feel lucky...that's what I do...and that's all you can do, 'cause it can get you in the house, if it wants, lol. T

wow lol you have some bad/good luck with that. I'd love to know exactly how close it was but I'll never know. It was close enough to really shake me up badly. I'm still not calmed back down yet....over 30 minutes later....

Thats exactly what I saw the other day in the mountains, it was truly amazing. But it is terrifying especially when your driving and end up slamming on the brakes.

It has started to drizzle here now, really hoping to get some rain.

Was talking to some folks who were inside and they said it hit just across the street.  So it's probably more like 100-150 yards away but I still think it was closer than that.  I'll go with 100 yards but regardless it was a close encounter.  It may have seemed worse to me because I was outside.  I saw the bends and curves of the bolt it was so close.  I was only able to see a portion of it as my building was obstructing some of my view.  It was close and I'm still sitting at my desk with a pounding heart.  I could hear crackling of some sort, through power lines I think.

Goodness! Must've gave you a "jump start" to your day (bad pun I know haha). Reminds me of when the corner of my house was hit by lightning last year in August. I had just went inside when it happened. Knocked down to the floor and temporarily lost my hearing for a few minutes. I had just so happened to catch it on camera too since I left it on the porch to record.

Thats exactly what I saw the other day in the mountains, it was truly amazing. But it is terrifying especially when your driving and end up slamming on the brakes.

It has started to drizzle here now, really hoping to get some rain.

It poured here for about 10 minutes. Now the sun is out. The drops were small but it was def. a tropical downpour. Hopefully more to come.

Should be getting into something here sometime soon. The cloud deck keeps building a good bit back west. I wonder if the area of showers and storms in Rutherfordton and points northeast of there become a small convective line. That could be something to watch later if it gets better in organization.

It poured here for about 10 minutes. Now the sun is out. The drops were small but it was def. a tropical downpour. Hopefully more to come.

ditto....rained around 1:30....sun is out...just went to dry the dog and bring her in.....It was MISERABLE!!! It said 86 degrees on the porch thermometer......but it felt like 100!! Humidity was horrible.....I was only out there 3 or 4 minutes and started to pour sweat on my face!!!

wow lol you have some bad/good luck with that. I'd love to know exactly how close it was but I'll never know. It was close enough to really shake me up badly. I'm still not calmed back down yet....over 30 minutes later....

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-man-who-was-stuck-lightning-seven-times

This guy has always served to keep me even keeled about lightening :) Beyond amazing! T

Archived