Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go about ten more days left in the month. Most models are unrelenting on the heat through July.

Yep..the last week-plus of this month looks brutal...plus the Euro is persistant is bringing a tropical feature along the southern edge of the big heat ridge into Florida/GOM come next weekend...

Off topic but Newark just hit 108 degrees, their all time record was 105 so they just shattered it. Very impressive.

108/69 HI 117

I'm so glad we don't have that here, although it would be interesting....

At least their winds are gusting to 22mph....probably feels like a convection oven.:arrowhead:

Their low was 86...yuck!!!

Hottest day of the year here in Cleveland County...finally got to 96. Strong southwest winds to boot, but not quite the earth shattering heat and humidity you guys further east and north are feeling. The ECMWF and GFS keep it pretty hot through the month, and next Friday may finally bring 100 in this region if the models are right where they place the core of the ridge....IE, southern Apps. Not much rain hope for the piedmont of SC or NC, esp the further away from the mountains you are.

post-38-0-96653400-1311360903.gif

post-38-0-91996900-1311360926.gif

Seems like Summers are getting hotter, and Winters are getting colder.

Hottest day of the year here in Cleveland County...finally got to 96. Strong southwest winds to boot, but not quite the earth shattering heat and humidity you guys further east and north are feeling. The ECMWF and GFS keep it pretty hot through the month, and next Friday may finally bring 100 in this region if the models are right where they place the core of the ridge....IE, southern Apps. Not much rain hope for the piedmont of SC or NC, esp the further away from the mountains you are.

Seems like Summers are getting hotter, and Winters are getting colder.

The 12Z GFS has the highest heights I've seen on a run before, has 597. High of 99 according to that 12Z run for next Friday. It looks like the only thing holding back the extreme heat is 850 temps. I wonder if the GFS tries to jump in the deep end again or if it keeps things reasonable.

Our high got to 95 before a cluster of cells erupted along the ridge tops , then as it drifted overhead the storm gusted out and then quit. Looked a lot like a wet microburst but the cell was very small so I'm not sure you can classify it as that...regardless that occured IMBY and lasted about 10-15 minutes.

Still struggling to hit 90 IMBY. Today will make the 9th straight day below 90....maybe.:snowman: I feel sorry for everyone else outside the mountains and I'm not really even "in the mountains". July of last year I hit 90+ 14 times. So far this year only twice.

Pretty incredible that Atlanta has been 90+ on 18 days this month and only 2 where you live. Are you at a very high elevation ?

FFC has me between 90-93 the next week, nothing unusual for late July.

First off that is still above average, secondly look farther out towards the end of July you will see more heat. Lastly, FFC does not go out on a limb a week out so take their progged temps with a grain of salt past a few days.

un·re·lent·ing/ˌənriˈlentiNG/Adjective

1. Not yielding in strength, severity, or determination: "the heat was unrelenting".

Off topic but Newark just hit 108 degrees, their all time record was 105 so they just shattered it. Very impressive.

108/69 HI 117

I'm so glad we don't have that here, although it would be interesting....

103 in Central Park. Con Ed is having problems.

Con Edison is asking customers in the affected areas to conserve energy and avoid using appliances such as washers, dryers, air conditioners and other energy-intensive equipment.

Somehow I don't expect there are too many ACs turned off.

103 in Central Park. Con Ed is having problems.

Con Edison is asking customers in the affected areas to conserve energy and avoid using appliances such as washers, dryers, air conditioners and other energy-intensive equipment.

Somehow I don't expect there are too many ACs turned off.

I have heard sporadic reports of brownout/blackouts, but nothing widespread. For them to suggest to not us a/c is stupid, and dangerous. The last thing we need is old people turning off their a/c's. I'm sure there have been lots of deaths already from this.

Made it to 99 with HI of 112 and no heat advisory. Seabreeze collision is occuring later around here. Storms already firing everywhere to the south and east moving north. Currently its 95 and 105.This current heatwave around the eastern and central states is brutal. How long will these continue?

GREATEST STORM EVER TODAY! OMG! Where is the Severe Thunderstorm Warning? Winds up to 50-65mph. The lightning is so intense with continous cloud to ground lightning. Very heavy rain. I guess I will call it a wet microburst. Winds were strong for half an hour. Its still nasty but not worse than earlier. The lightning is disgusting. I love this kind of weather especially when its windy like that.

I made up fro my shaft yesterday. Teeny, tiny storm popped over mby. Nothing major but I'll take it! :thumbsup:

The ones that did pop up today were VERY tiny so you did luck out. Congrats. I kept my streak of below 90 highs alive at 9 straight days. High was 89.9 IMBY. LOL July this year is running .6 degrees colder than my July of 2010. Go figure that.:arrowhead:

1,500 feet which is 500 feet higher than the airport but I'm not up on any sort of mountain or anything like that. Wish I was though.

The latitude and lack of urbanization helps, though. Running 3-5 degrees warmer here I'd say but low-mid 90s aren't horrible, with dew points hovering in the upper 60s to near 70. Run of the mill hot.

I ran into one of those tiny storms that popped up on the way home from work, saw a bunch of lightning and passed through about 5 minutes of rain before it was back to being partly cloudy. Some of the folks in Duluth got lucky!

Archived