12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ditto....rained around 1:30....sun is out...just went to dry the dog and bring her in.....It was MISERABLE!!! It said 86 degrees on the porch thermometer......but it felt like 100!! Humidity was horrible.....I was only out there 3 or 4 minutes and started to pour sweat on my face!!!

Just missed the second round going through now, hopefully one more round will get me. I picked up .10" in the earlier shower, and like you said the humidity in the boundary layer was incredible. I went outside for a couple minutes and almost never felt anything quite so muggy. The dewpoint at that point was probably 80 or greater, as it didn't cool off too much. Just about had my fill of Summer weather now. Its ridiculously hot...what happened to average Summer weather?

Under a warning here. Radar shows I'm about to get hit. Lets see what developes.

Interesting. Nothing but some wind and thunder so far. The solid storm broke up into several small pockets just to my west. It leap frogged my location and has reformed just 5 miles to my east. NWS has now issued a warning on that storm.

Just missed the second round going through now, hopefully one more round will get me. I picked up .10" in the earlier shower, and like you said the humidity in the boundary layer was incredible. I went outside for a couple minutes and almost never felt anything quite so muggy. The dewpoint at that point was probably 80 or greater, as it didn't cool off too much. Just about had my fill of Summer weather now. Its ridiculously hot...what happened to average Summer weather?

Got missed by the first one and scraped by the second one with a whopping total of .03" Wonder if we'll get another shot

Best 24 hours of the summer here so far in Myrtle Beach. Storm fired on the sea breeze around 3pm yesterday with a .50" downpour and great lightning. It then rained moderatly off and on until 8 pm. Temps in the mid 70s all evening. Then woke up to more downpours this morning. Picked up 1.50" total. Fingers crossed for more tonight and tomorrow before the next heat blast and fire concerns!

Don't look now North Georgia but another round appears to be shooting through. This one looks more like a complete line so anyone in the path should be getting something! :thumbsup:

I sure hope so. Had a heavy bit brief downpour while at work but nothing here in mby :( the sky is pretty cool though - the bright, puffy clouds and blue skies. Looks tropical so now we must need the tropical rains lol :scooter:

Best 24 hours of the summer here so far in Myrtle Beach. Storm fired on the sea breeze around 3pm yesterday with a .50" downpour and great lightning. It then rained moderatly off and on until 8 pm. Temps in the mid 70s all evening. Then woke up to more downpours this morning. Picked up 1.50" total. Fingers crossed for more tonight and tomorrow before the next heat blast and fire concerns!

was a weird sight out here in Conway in the last hour, looked like we were about to get decked with a cell coming from the west. looked outside to swirling low lying clouds coming from the west and the southwest. Almost looked like two cells trying to merge, then bam the thing literally fell apart and more or less evaporated. only a light shower left behind and now thats over to.

was a weird sight out here in Conway in the last hour, looked like we were about to get decked with a cell coming from the west. looked outside to swirling low lying clouds coming from the west and the southwest. Almost looked like two cells trying to merge, then bam the thing literally fell apart and more or less evaporated. only a light shower left behind and now thats over to.

Yea, we're pretty well worked over from the action this morning. I think we have to wait til after midnight for our turn again. Conditions look favorable for another round of nocturnal convection.

I sure hope so. Had a heavy bit brief downpour while at work but nothing here in mby :( the sky is pretty cool though - the bright, puffy clouds and blue skies. Looks tropical so now we must need the tropical rains lol :scooter:

The radar in North Georgia is lit up pretty good right now. Especially NW Georgia. Cobb is in line for a thumping and Cherokee just got theirs. It's really nice to see some widespread action today, It's been a minute since we have had this. Good luck! Where is Habersham City btw, what bigger city are you closest too?

The radar in North Georgia is lit up pretty good right now. Especially NW Georgia. Cobb is in line for a thumping and Cherokee just got theirs. It's really nice to see some widespread action today, It's been a minute since we have had this. Good luck! Where is Habersham City btw, what bigger city are you closest too?

lol - not really near any city. i am about 30-40 min ne of gainesville. its the county right next to sc and under rabun in the extreme ne part

i am hearing thunder and can see the storms but they are doing a great job of missing mby on all sides :whistle:

The feast or famine continues...I'm beginning to think (and hope) that my rain guage is offline (I'm in Atlanta today and not able to see how much I'm getting).

Nice little dry slot over Fannin county right now. Rain guage says 0.04 so far today, and I got that in a brief shower this morning!

Actually I'm gonna check my rain guage, I think it's busted. WunderMap stations all around are saying at least half an inch, and so is the Automated Environmental Monitoring Network...nevermind!

The feast or famine continues...I'm beginning to think (and hope) that my rain guage is offline (I'm in Atlanta today and not able to see how much I'm getting).

Nice little dry slot over Fannin county right now. Rain guage says 0.04 so far today, and I got that in a brief shower this morning!

Actually I'm gonna check my rain guage, I think it's busted. WunderMap stations all around are saying at least half an inch, and so is the Automated Environmental Monitoring Network...nevermind!

You are getting decent rain?

Archived