EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what sucks about this combo of temps and dews? You have to set your a/c really cold in order to run and start removing moisture...the house isn't overly warm (like 76) but the humidity is bad. Better when it's 85 out side and you can set the thermostat @ 77or 78 and just remove the moisture.

Yep, had them off all night then turned them on this AM and the compressors did not kick in, was worried for a sec then realized the old DP stuff. Nice watering today, well needed. CT did well as we have for most of the past year with weather, big big winter for CT incoming?

C'mon, it's a little humid but cool. You guys treat yourselves like veal hanging out in your little air conditioned boxes. How will you survive when the revolution comes and there isn't any power for a/c?

You probably don't use heat either, since you like to make yourself accustomed to the conditions of the season right? whistle.gif

79/71 here. Not my idea of a cool day when you have Florida-like Td's. Yes my a/c is on .....I'm weak and pampered. LOL

I just hate humidity and I've been outside doing work so it feels good to get some relief in here on my breaks.

I was forgetting I guess that August (while cooler than July) can have the nastiest humidity, especially ahead of Tropical systems, etc. You also get the first Autumnal shots as the month progresses so I hope that materializes.

You probably don't use heat either, since you like to make yourself accustomed to the conditions of the season right? whistle.gif

about 1.5" here. Some of the elements of Wes's heavy rain talk at the conference worked out today. SREFs were not bullish on heavy precip yesterday... very low probs of greater than 1". However, relatively light mid-level flow with a 35 kt 850jet and high precipitable water led to a relatively localized area of very heavy rain. The progressive nature of the system obviously led to this being quick hitting and not horrible for flooding concerns.

88/67 A full + 10 degrees from saturday's forecast for today.

The way the sun's been heating things up the past few hours i thought for sure we would see some boomers but looks iffy right now.

Yup--a big bust of a forecast in GC, Chris. Got up to 82.0 here at the Pit. Hoping some of the showers will make it in, but I think that's hoping against hope.

77.6/70

Archived