e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like widespread 2-3 spot 5-6 inch amts. At least the lawn will get watered while I'm away.

Ginx already has all his furniture on the 2nd floor and all beds are on stilts

Your forecast?, s h I t guess I will need to water with your track record this summer. You are having a worse year than Adam Dunn.

Not nearly enough rain up this way since June. Pretty pleasant this past week though.

We've had consistent enough rains here that we've had to do minimal watering. Only the last 2 weeks really. We've lucked out with some t-storm activity. I haven't had the time to check the NRCC for July's final summary but there are no widespread drought-like conditions anywhere near us. I did notice things looked a bit dryer in NoHo. I suppose there could be more localized dry spots.

August could easily end up being above average in rainfall. This on the heels of CT.'s 13th wettest June in 117 yrs . It was Massachusetts' 16th wettest and below normal temp wise as well. A rainy August would seal the deal. Torch cancel, Torch phail.

Tonight

nbkn.jpg

Mostly

Cloudy

Lo 64 °FSaturday

shra40.jpg

Chance

Showers

Hi 74 °FSaturday

Night

nshra70.jpg

Showers

Likely

Lo 65 °FSunday

shra70.jpg

Showers

Likely

Hi 75 °FSunday

Night

nra50.jpg

Chance

Showers

Lo 64 °FMonday

shra40.jpg

Chance

Showers

Hi 78 °FMonday

Night

nshra50.jpg

Chance

Showers

Lo 63 °FTuesday

shra40.jpg

Chance

Showers

Hi 74 °FTuesday

Night

nshra30.jpg

Chance

Showers

Lo 59 °F

Lows in the mid 60s are way above average for you, Pete. Those are some nice +10 departures though of course you think it's cool because it's not as hot as Atlanta or NYC at 1500' in the Berkshires. What a shocker.

lol, I was gonna say. Those are all above average days. Most of SNE on average for the whole summer has been +1 to +1.5 with average precip to even below in some areas. Yet somehow he is able to spin it into a cool and wet and summer. wacko.gif

lol, I was gonna say. Those are all above average days. Most of SNE on average for the whole summer has been +1 to +1.5 with average precip to even below in some areas. Yet somehow he is able to spin it into a cool and wet and summer. wacko.gif

Those are normal lows for Dobbs Ferry, but he is at 1400' in the Berkshires. That's definitely warm. I know that temperatures in the mountains are predicted to be quite mild because my parents have a house in the Poconos, and it's been in the 60s every night up there, when the average low is probably around 55F. Even if the days aren't unusually warm because of showers/cloud cover, with highs in the upper 70s for the elevated areas, you are going to get above average departures because 850s are quite high, so something has to give. In this case, it's muggy mild nights with overcast skies and 850s in the 16C range, definitely not cool. To get below average temperatures at that latitude/elevation with a rainy pattern, you'd need to have cooler 850s so your highs are only around 70F, but this is not the case here. 0z GFS does show a cooldown in the long range, but it's way out there.

Lows in the mid 60s are way above average for you, Pete. Those are some nice +10 departures though of course you think it's cool because it's not as hot as Atlanta or NYC at 1500' in the Berkshires. What a shocker.

I couldn't care less about above average nights. The fact of the matter is the calls for a blistering torch August are going are going down to stark ignominious defeat. You both failed to acknowledge that June was among the wettest we've ever seen as well as below normal temp wise here. I work outside nearly everyday of the year and I can tell you for certain this Summer has been a breeze compared to years past. Where is the high heat Torchsters? Not in New England. August is looking wetter and wetter and certainly no outrageous heat through mid month. You guys are spinning this as some sort of hot dry summer but that is certainly far from the reality here. Clod covered skies with overnight lows in the 60's and highs in the 70's how terrifyingly hot.lol

My god, the extended gets worse and worse.lol There are the mid 50's, just need to lose the cloud cover and rain.lol

Tuesday: A chance of showers. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 76. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 74.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74.

In all seriousness..what are you guys thinking up there for wx? Are we talking washouts all day or just storms?

Tomorrow might not be a total downpour, but I woudl guess clouds and some shwrs from time to time, especially morning. Monday looks like some daytime heatingn type stuff, but it's possible the morning might be at least mostly cloudy, if the low level stuff doesn't get a chance to burn off. Tuesday might be a little wet again, but I also wouldn't rule our a few breaks of sun, especially if the low is weak and diffuse. Wednesday through Friday actually look decent with aftn stuff especially Wed and Thurs. It will turn a little cooler though.

Tomorrow might not be a total downpour, but I woudl guess clouds and some shwrs from time to time, especially morning. Monday looks like some daytime heatingn type stuff, but it's possible the morning might be at least mostly cloudy, if the low level stuff doesn't get a chance to burn off. Tuesday might be a little wet again, but I also wouldn't rule our a few breaks of sun, especially if the low is weak and diffuse. Wednesday through Friday actually look decent with aftn stuff especially Wed and Thurs. It will turn a little cooler though.

Ok thanks dude. I think we'll get wet from time time..but not what I would call a rainy week. Hopefully not enough to dampen outdoor stuff. We're about to leave...I'll be logging on each morning

Ok thanks dude. I think we'll get wet from time time..but not what I would call a rainy week. Hopefully not enough to dampen outdoor stuff. We're about to leave...I'll be logging on each morning

Have fun man. I think tomorrow through Tuesday is the rougher stretch so prepare for that...I mean it's possible it could pretty much be cloudy the whole time, but hopefully not. Either way..mid week on looks better.

Chuck one when you drive past exit 45 on 93N in Andover.

Archived