northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when it's been 100/77 for 40 straight days..I would too, bu that's what you signed up for when you moved down there

Pretty much. I love October through about April though (yeah I know, none of you on this board would remotely feel the same way lol)

C'mon...you miss the snow a little, don't you? You were in the MA threads a lot in 2010.

Oh yeah. I do miss a good snowstorm (hey I was ready to throw things when our little 1-2" threat last winter down here failed miserably haha). I think the amount of snow the the MA saw in 09-10 would have been way too much for me though. But it is nice to have all those months here where it's nice for outdoor activities and I don't have to bundle up. Of course, that comes at the expense of May-September, but that's what the pool is for. :sun:

I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats Pete on the new bundle of joy. :)

Cloudy and cool-ish today - first day this week I'm wearing pants (yes, I had shorts on the other days). The Rev would be wise to take along a fleece and a pair of jeans on his vacation. August has not been a torch in the north.

Jeans are not worn until October at the earliest..even then many days with shorts

Jeans are not worn until October at the earliest..even then many days with shorts

LOL... I'm with you on that one, but many would disagree. I'll wear shorts as long as possible before it gets really uncomfortable. With that said, there are plenty of times when long pants are necessary even by late August and through September. I can already feel the chill of that first, steady synoptic rain when its in the 40s to near 50F all day long. Fall isn't too far off.

I've worn pants a couple days per week all summer long though, being outside all day at the top of the mountain gets old when your chilled because its 50F with a NW G35KT wind. By the time we come back down the work road at the end of the day though, your sweating when you hit the base and its sunny and in the 70s.

Maine foothills

10/3/1974....37...26...0.41"...1.0"

Not sure you'd be comfy in shorts that day.

I could go for one of those days... especially in the fall that sort of chill seems even colder because you're not used to it yet. A high of 37F in early March feels like its time to bust out the shorts, but a high of 37F in October can be bone-chillingly raw.

Jeez the euro drops a QPF bomb on us too.

It seems the 12z suite brought the heaviest axis of rain north some. If I had to guess I'd say they NAM and GFS are over-doing the QPF a bit but the GFS ensembles are showing 1.25-1.50" over a lot of SNE so it'll be interesting to see if the NWS offices get a little more aggressive on amounts/duration of heavy rain in their late afternoon updates.

It seems the 12z suite brought the heaviest axis of rain north some. If I had to guess I'd say they NAM and GFS are over-doing the QPF a bit but the GFS ensembles are showing 1.25-1.50" over a lot of SNE so it'll be interesting to see if the NWS offices get a little more aggressive on amounts/duration of heavy rain in their late afternoon updates.

euro has a pretty widespread 1.5 to 2.5 as well.

Archived