• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

After we get through the death days, next week looks to feature a strong for the season LP to usher in some Canadian fresh cooler air. Models are similar with the trough with the GFS cookin a closed low. Sensible weather should be pleasant typical summer temps as we have had for the most part all summer.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ec ens do give a pleasant cool down early next week. they also seem to bring back pretty decent warmth during the second half of next week though. fwiw

Seems to, trouble believing anything past day 7 but makes sense to warm up on the back side. Transient is the key, finally getting some movement of systems across the globe. Tropics get active?

I don't agree with any of this. It looks less hot but still above normal. No cool air anywhere to the north. Ensembles agree

This post should be brought up in December if its above normal and there's not much cold air in Canada, yet you're touting epic cold and saying the ensembles are wrong ;)

Extremely hot and dry, best summer ever!

It could start to get dry if we don't get much rain over the next two weeks... we are still running a 1" surplus so far in July and a whopping 13" above normal since January 1st. Water levels are still pretty solid at least in northern or northwestern New England.

It could start to get dry if we don't get much rain over the next two weeks... we are still running a 1" surplus so far in July and a whopping 13" above normal since January 1st. Water levels are still pretty solid at least in northern or northwestern New England.

Also, a few shower/storm chances in NNE the next several days will help.

12 week drought monitor

with the jet shifting way up north, we better hope for a few good tropical systems to strike the U.S. ;p

The use of recurving typhoons and subsequent l/w dispersion is inappropriately used in summer.

This was explained - It may trough next week to some magnitude or not, and could and would do so regardless... more so because we've dealt with abundant trough events since late May.

The use of recurving typhoons and subsequent l/w dispersion is inappropriately used in summer.

This was explained - It may trough next week to some magnitude or not, and could and would do so regardless... more so because we've dealt with abundant trough events since late May.

Yeah the recurve rule only works in winter

2 nd time this summer we had major troughiness a week to ten days after a typhoon curved around Japan, you and Tip call it coincidence. I call it a forecast which appears to be right both times.

I'm applying theoretics ...nothing else, and I'm not wrong - you need to understand thermodynamics and then apply that to macroscales -

I'm applying theoretics ...nothing else, and I'm not wrong - you need to understand thermodynamics and then apply that to macroscales -

My Forecast was right for the wrong reasons according to you. I fully understand thermodynamics as well as cause and effect, no coincidence.

2 nd time this summer we had major troughiness a week to ten days after a typhoon curved around Japan, you and Tip call it coincidence. I call it a forecast which appears to be right both times.

there's several papers out there that theorize the downstream effect of recurving typhoons can be felt in north america regardless of season...but it has some dependence upon the strength and orientation of the north pacific jet. the correlation is strongest in september but that essentially goes hand-in-hand with activity and strength of systems. part of the reason there isn't more summer correlation isn't necessarily owed to a wavelength issue as Tip might be suggesting but do the a lack of strong recurving typhoons in july and early august per climatology.

there's several papers out there that theorize the downstream effect of recurving typhoons can be felt in north america regardless of season...but it has some dependence upon the strength and orientation of the north pacific jet. the correlation is strongest in september but that essentially goes hand-in-hand with activity and strength of systems. part of the reason there isn't more summer correlation isn't necessarily owed to a wavelength issue as Tip might be suggesting but do the a lack of strong recurving typhoons in july and early august per climatology.

Thank you AIT

Archived