• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

GFS looks warm to hot as far as the eye can see. ITs a given above normal is the regime at least through mid August. Endless 80s to low 90s with Humidity will be much harder on the cool crew than a few days of intense heat with lower dews.

Its almost time for the dog days of summer.

Dont look at the Euro.....:whistle:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is 80s to around 90, just like the GFS, you do realize that those temperatures combined with the humidity which keep nightime lows up, is well above normal, right?

I guess our difference is on the definition of "heat" 80's and the occasional 90 in August is not really that remarkable around here...sure above normal, but hard to call the GFS or Euro runs that of high heat.

-

now a 3-5 day stretch of 90's and then we'd be talking....

-

in the meantime, a nice steady rain has broken out, temps at 71 here...

what does this have to do with the gfs being warm to hot as far as the eye can see?

Absolutely nothing, I was laughing at you posting a 250hr +gfs map, we shall see what happens. I am suprised John, you are such a lover of heat, do you disagree and think August is cool?

Solidly negative day today.

Absolutely Bob, def a nice change, first negative departure in a long time. Tomorrow looks to be solidly above(at least here) not sure what your forecast is, 91 here, but this location always does well on a west wind, different than much of southern new england i am sure.

We're losing 2 minutes of daylight per day now. :)

Left home with mostly clear skies and 54F...Drove into low clouds around the Mid Hudson Valley. In and out of heavy rain all day in the Lower Hudson Valley and now ovc and a fall-like gray sky here in Saugerties (milemarker 101 on Thruway). I'm dreaming that it's already late September. :)

Absolutely nothing, I was laughing at you posting a 250hr +gfs map, we shall see what happens. I am suprised John, you are such a lover of heat, do you disagree and think August is cool?

I think it may end up slightly below average. If there are positive departures they will be slight. I like the idea of the main ridge retrograding back west towards the Central US past day 7 with some lower heights in the east and the possibility of some blockiness.

I think it may end up slightly below average. If there are positive departures they will be slight. I like the idea of the main ridge retrograding back west towards the Central US past day 7 with some lower heights in the east and the possibility of some blockiness.

I like the idea of a zonal flow and potential bouts of well above normal temps, think your area of here ends up something like +2-4 for August.

Absolutely Bob, def a nice change, first negative departure in a long time. Tomorrow looks to be solidly above(at least here) not sure what your forecast is, 91 here, but this location always does well on a west wind, different than much of southern new england i am sure.

82/64. Right around normal.

I like the idea of a zonal flow and potential bouts of well above normal temps, think your area of here ends up something like +2-4 for August.

Agreed..As long as the drought continues in the plains..any airmass is going to greatly modify as it moves east.. Looks like a zonal flow with bouts of heat

Hey! Are you guys also predicting a sunrise tomorrow followed by a sunset sometime later?

Hey! Are you guys also predicting a sunrise tomorrow followed by a sunset sometime later?

I am sure today was a sad day for you Peter, If there were no football season it would have been as if the Bills had made the playoffs, now, just another year of torture.:(:P

I am sure today was a sad day for you Peter, If there were no football season it would have been as if the Bills had made the playoffs, now, just another year of torture.:(:P

No, no, I'm rejoicing in the fact that, along with a resurgent Bills squad, I'll be able to witness the Rex Ryan era come crashing down like a flaming zeppelin. Sorry to hear you didn't get much rain down there. We had a total soaking here, many hours of steady, moderate to heavy rain.

No, no, I'm rejoicing in the fact that, along with a resurgent Bills squad, I'll be able to witness the Rex Ryan era come crashing down like a flaming zeppelin. Sorry to hear you didn't get much rain down there. We had a total soaking here, many hours of steady, moderate to heavy rain.

ITs always a soaking rain in Gods Country Pete, always.

Did you know that in two years Mark Sanchez has won more road games in the playoffs than any other qb in the history of the NFL?

Archived