• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

refreshing outside this morning, hopefully we get much needed rain, rest of the week looks summertastic, sun and 80s. Big, big heat rolling back in late week.

6 days left in the period.

Rain is a must at this point.

We got back yesterday from being away for a week and about 70% of the lawns around here are fried beyond recovery.

Even the smaller trees are wilted.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

upton only has high 80's to near 90 for the end of the week for the southern 1/2 of CT--hard to call that "Big heat"

and the gfs only had temps in the low 90s last week, along with upton and we hit 102, tisk tisk you should know better than that LOL

and the gfs only had temps in the low 90s last week, along with upton and we hit 102, tisk tisk you should know better than that LOL

Perhaps, we'll see...this reminds me in a way of the 1st week of Feb of this year--we had insane amounts of snow on the ground and we all thought and hoped we could get another month or 6 weeks out of the pattern only to see it slowly fall apart...I believe Fairfield saw only 3 inches of snow the rest of the winter....gut feeling here, but I think this is the same deal, we slowly but surely fall into a near normal or cooler than normal pattern as we head in the next few weeks.....just a hunch so we'll see. Wouldnt mind some 90 degree days, but 95-100 is useless to me other than to have something to talk about and of course watch all the "Beating the heat" stories on TV news...meh.

Perhaps, we'll see...this reminds me in a way of the 1st week of Feb of this year--we had insane amounts of snow on the ground and we all thought and hoped we could get another month or 6 weeks out of the pattern only to see it slowly fall apart...I believe Fairfield saw only 3 inches of snow the rest of the winter....gut feeling here, but I think this is the same deal, we slowly but surely fall into a near normal or cooler than normal pattern as we head in the next few weeks.....just a hunch so we'll see. Wouldnt mind some 90 degree days, but 95-100 is useless to me other than to have something to talk about and of course watch all the "Beating the heat" stories on TV news...meh.

don't think you have to worry much about that...at least for the time being. end of week will warm-up but not likely to be at that kind of an extreme. 80s/low 90s?

87-90 degree days with warm evenings is well above normal. August is going to roast.

12z euro remains rather unenthusiastic about blasting any real heat up into the northeast later this week. marginal stuff...16 to 18C 850 type of warmth and it remains somewhat contaminated by a frontal zone too so not sure how well we'd even realize it. lot of mid-level RH and some precip as well. certainly doesn't look like 90-100 type heat...maybe more like 85-90ish type of stuff for the usual spots.

12z euro remains rather unenthusiastic about blasting any real heat up into the northeast later this week. marginal stuff...16 to 18C 850 type of warmth and it remains somewhat contaminated by a frontal zone too so not sure how well we'd even realize it. lot of mid-level RH and some precip as well. certainly doesn't look like 90-100 type heat...maybe more like 85-90ish type of stuff for the usual spots.

THanks Phil, sounds perfect.

This rain today is a GOds send, we needed a light to moderate gentle rain so badly, something that soaks in instead of just running off the land.

Liquid gold!

Sounds like HHH wx with afternoon convection then

GFS looks warm to hot as far as the eye can see. ITs a given above normal is the regime at least through mid August. Endless 80s to low 90s with Humidity will be much harder on the cool crew than a few days of intense heat with lower dews.

Its almost time for the dog days of summer.

Archived