Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah hopefully it brightens up there a bit today. Not sure with this type of flow, but no washout up there today. Heaviest rain down here is CT/RI/se mass.

Yesterday we hit Storyland for 3 hours from 3-6. Pretty nice day with some big towers around and heard some thunder to the north.

I can't believe how dry it's been here. All the rivers are almost dry..and everything is brown and burned. Usually it's lush and green. The inn keeper said it's the driest they can ever recall.

Yesterday we hit Storyland for 3 hours from 3-6. Pretty nice day with some big towers around and heard some thunder to the north.

I can't believe how dry it's been here. All the rivers are almost dry..and everything is brown and burned. Usually it's lush and green. The inn keeper said it's the driest they can ever recall.

I noticed the Saco was real low too, back in July 1, but it wasn't really dry yet. You're right...usually up there they get the summertime rain and tstms that we can miss out here, so it's usually pretty green.

I didnt think it was that dry...but we were on the western side of the whites so maybe they've done better over there.

68/68? That's pretty brutal for where you are at 8:30 AM.

77/72 here in the swamps of Jersey. Feels like a 'cane/TS-type air mass.

Hi Lars, it's not bad at all, a little humid for my liking but as long as temps stay cool it really has little impact. Are you on your way back to NE or on the way out?

C'mon, it's a little humid but cool. You guys treat yourselves like veal hanging out in your little air conditioned boxes. How will you survive when the revolution comes and there isn't any power for a/c?

68/66 with -ra where I am and I'd hardly refer to it as brutal or nasty. Just a schitty day for outdoor activities.

C'mon, it's a little humid but cool. You guys treat yourselves like veal hanging out in your little air conditioned boxes. How will you survive when the revolution comes and there isn't any power for a/c?

I don't like the humidity, but agreed it's not oppressive or anything by far. I probably could have put a fan in the window last night, but I just flipped the a/c on.

I don't like the humidity, but agreed it's not oppressive or anything by far. I probably could have put a fan in the window last night, but I just flipped the a/c on.

Yeah, the humidity is gross but without heat it isn't nearly as bad. I'm just happy it looks like we make it to the 1/2 way point in August without any hot weather. I for one am looking forward to crisp Autumn air masses.

Yeah good thing we were suspecting those. I never quite understood how they were generating 2-4" of rain.

We still had a shot a good rains today, some models have heavy rain for afternoon timeframe.. maybe some heavy thunderstorms?

Yeah good thing we were suspecting those. I never quite understood how they were generating 2-4" of rain.

Actually, I should correct myself. Parts of CT will have over 2", mainly eastern and srn CT. Just more of a case of the haves vs. have nots, but that's how it goes with these summertime type systems.

Hi Lars, it's not bad at all, a little humid for my liking but as long as temps stay cool it really has little impact. Are you on your way back to NE or on the way out?

I got as close to SNE as the extreme NW Mid Atlantic, i.e., SW CT yesterday. It got up to 85/69, 75 at the start and finish, as we loaded up the contents of moderate-sized house. With no A/C in sight, I'd give it about a 7/10 on the brutality scale, as I don't recall actually dripping sweat off my face on to my clipboard while I was doing inventory.

Actually, I should correct myself. Parts of CT will have over 2", mainly eastern and srn CT. Just more of a case of the haves vs. have nots, but that's how it goes with these summertime type systems.

yeah...i guess resolution issue - isn't able to discern between those haves and have nots too well. guidance sees the "bomb" but also gives way too much water to places around them.

seemed evident some spots would get a good soaking but the whole widespread basin 1-2" stuff is just so hard to do.

Also a case of why radar can underestimate these types of rains known as warm process type rains. These are very efficient rain producers where a deep layer of the cloud is above freezing. You don't have big updrafts carrying water vapor in the form of anvil ice crystals away from the cloud. Most of the moisture is used up in the form of rain.

yeah...i guess resolution issue - isn't able to discern between those haves and have nots too well. guidance sees the "bomb" but also gives way too much water to places around them.

seemed evident some spots would get a good soaking but the whole widespread basin 1-2" stuff is just so hard to do.

Yeah agreed big time. Even taking that into account, I thought parts of the area would see a little mroe so far, but we'll see how the day goes.

Archived