• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

Yeah agreed big time. Even taking that into account, I thought parts of the area would see a little mroe so far, but we'll see how the day goes.

yeah it's still early...there's some more stuff out in NY/PA too. maybe that expands and moves east.

tell ya what though this is another good case of using caution with model guidance. i was looking back last night at some of the SLP placements/strengths over the last few days for today. HORRIBLE. granted it's the GGEM, but i think the 8/4 run had it at 994 over CC by tomorrow AM. and nearly everything had general 998-1002 through the northeast. lowest i can find right now is like 1004.9 up near lake huron.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah it's still early...there's some more stuff out in NY/PA too. maybe that expands and moves east.

tell ya what though this is another good case of using caution with model guidance. i was looking back last night at some of the SLP placements/strengths over the last few days for today. HORRIBLE. granted it's the GGEM, but i think the 8/4 run had it at 994 over CC by tomorrow AM. and nearly everything had general 998-1002 through the northeast. lowest i can find right now is like 1004.9 up near lake huron.

Yeah funny how they all did that. I suppose they are still prone to a little convective feedback at times. It's difficult to get a sub 1000mb low in the summer, unless accompanied by a pretty strong trough, and we don't have that. Red flag right there.

It's been a long time since we had these globules of moisture fall from the sky.

FLOOD ADVISORY
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
901 AM EDT SUN AUG 7 2011

CTC013-015-RIC003-007-071600-
/O.NEW.KBOX.FA.Y.0064.110807T1301Z-110807T1600Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-PROVIDENCE RI-KENT RI-
901 AM EDT SUN AUG 7 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED AN

* URBAN FLOOD ADVISORY FOR MINOR FLOODING OF POOR DRAINAGE AREAS
 IN...
 KENT COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND...
 PROVIDENCE COUNTY IN RHODE ISLAND...
 THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF PROVIDENCE...
 SOUTHERN TOLLAND COUNTY IN NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...
 SOUTHERN WINDHAM COUNTY IN NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...
 THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF...WILLIMANTIC...PLAINFIELD...

* UNTIL NOON EDT

* AT 854 AM EDT...AREAS OF HEAVY RAIN CONTINUED IN SOUTHERN TOLLAND
AND WINDHAM COUNTIES IN NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...MOVING INTO
PROVIDENCE AND NORTHERN KENT COUNTIES IN RHODE ISLAND. IN THE PAST
12 HOURS...2.50 TO 2.70 INCHES OF RAIN HAS OCCURRED IN THESE AREAS.
RAINFALL RATES OF ONE HALF TO THREE QUARTERS OF AN INCH PER HOUR
WILL CONTINUE THROUGH AT LEAST 11 AM IN THESE SAME AREAS...BRINGING
TOTALS TO BETWEEN 3 AND 4 INCHES.

PONDING OF WATER...ESPECIALLY IN URBAN AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS...
CAN BE EXPECTED. SMALL STREAMS WERE EXPERIENCING RISES AND WILL NEED
TO BE MONITORED...BUT THEY WERE NOT IN IMMINENT DANGER OF FLOODING
AS OF 854 AM.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FLOOD ADVISORY MEANS RIVER OR STREAM FLOWS ARE ELEVATED OR PONDING
OF WATER IN URBAN OR OTHER AREAS IS OCCURRING OR IS IMMINENT.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE THROUGH FLOODED WATERS.

74.4/72 under sunny--and mostly blue--sky. A much nicer day than had been forecast, though I could do without the heat and humidity.

Yes, I'm thinking this sun may cook up some t-storm action for us later. I've been doing some work outside in the sun and it is pretty gross. My wife like this weather so at least she can enjoy it.

74.4/72 under sunny--and mostly blue--sky. A much nicer day than had been forecast, though I could do without the heat and humidity.

Just checked, picked up .40" of rain last night through this AM. Less than I though as it really rained hard for a time but that period was book ended by -rn.

Yeah nice rains moving up into your area now. Not quite 1/3rd of an inch here so far but some decent stuff to the west still.

That's good. I purposely didn't water stuff yesterday. A little worried this morning, but this last batch should do it. Maybe a little delayed, but not deniied I guess.

You know what sucks about this combo of temps and dews? You have to set your a/c really cold in order to run and start removing moisture...the house isn't overly warm (like 76) but the humidity is bad. Better when it's 85 out side and you can set the thermostat @ 77or 78 and just remove the moisture.

Instead you have to set it at 73...makes it feel chilly

Wow Phil just looked at the totals for CT. That is impressive. Looks like yesterday's 12z NAM, just a little east.

Yeah they all took turns placing the hvy rain throughout sne...someone had to get nailed was just a question of where. Seems folks in n ma and s nh are getting shafted so far. SnowNH and the NMM FTL?

Yeah they all took turns placing the hvy rain throughout sne...someone had to get nailed was just a question of where. Seems folks in n ma and s nh are getting shafted so far. SnowNH and the NMM FTL?

Some of those models were way too far north. SPC WRF too.

Anyways I like these types of rains. I'm sure the heavier stuff is putting down larger drops, but these are those medium sized white out type rains, when they come down heavy.

Some of those models were way too far north. SPC WRF too.

Anyways I like these types of rains. I'm sure the heavier stuff is putting down larger drops, but these are those medium sized white out type rains, when they come down heavy.

Hopefully we can get a tropical system up here...or develop a tap at some point. Those rains in Earl last year were like that...just sheets and sheets of soaking rain.

Archived