Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What event?

Looking at the radar, it looks like there's several isolated downpours affecting NH and VT right now

Where the fisher cats usually play there's supposed to be "recycled percussion" performing as well as fireworks. Our cousins from NH invited us.

Hopefully the rain can avoid the 730-1030 time period but if not, oh well.

Where the fisher cats usually play there's supposed to be "recycled percussion" performing as well as fireworks. Our cousins from NH invited us.

Oh cool. Great open stadium. A ton of walking/standing room. Great views of the mills/River. Not looking good cause of rain though. Heavy Beers?

If you're looking to go to a bar after and like pool, I suggest Jillians. Its walking distance from the park.

Oh cool. Great open stadium. A ton of walking/standing room. Great views of the mills/River. Not looking good cause of rain though. Heavy Beers?

If you're looking to go to a bar after and like pool, I suggest Jillians. Its walking distance from the park.

I'm a senior in high school. tongue.giflaugh.gif

But maybe for some other people going, yes.

It's probably a router to this area of Massachusetts then -

AH hahahahahahaha - yeah right.

The area of Massachusetts was my home PC! I recycled my Lynsis router and everything came back - go figure. Interesting, though, that specifically the Met links were not operational. weird.

OT: I have 3 watermelons just dangling on my trellis, Should I put something underneath them to keep their weight or will they be fine to dangle on their own weight for a while? Should I just put them on the grass? Their about the size of a baseball.

AH hahahahahahaha - yeah right.

The area of Massachusetts was my home PC! I recycled my Lynsis router and everything came back - go figure. Interesting, though, that specifically the Met links were not operational. weird.

Eh, spoke too soon... Hm, yeah something's up specific to my area I think. The recycle effort appears to have been coincidental. Some products are available - I think it's coming back online piecemeal.

They're still around? Can't believe that, they played at my middle school about fifteen years ago. They must really love what they do because I wouldn't imagine there being much market for a band who play on five gallon buckets, old sinks, and trash cans. Interesting at least to see in real life but I couldn't imagine driving down the road or working out at the gym jamming out to one of their songs. Have fun, hope you don't have to stay in Manchester one second longer than you have to.

Greetings from heaven, first tstorm of the trip right now, weather has been perfect and the surf has been as well and only going to get cleaner and bigger. I see a lot of talk about how cool it is, then i was shocked to see that BDR is +2.2 for AUGUST, above normal as expected.........major heat inbound weeks 3 and 4 of the month and September is going to sizzle. 8 more days of paradise, off to grab some crab cakes from the local store, happy summer:)

They're still around? Can't believe that, they played at my middle school about fifteen years ago. They must really love what they do because I wouldn't imagine there being much market for a band who play on five gallon buckets, old sinks, and trash cans. Interesting at least to see in real life but I couldn't imagine driving down the road or working out at the gym jamming out to one of their songs. Have fun, hope you don't have to stay in Manchester one second longer than you have to.

Yeah, I think they were on America's Got Talent as well and supposedly have a small scale Vegas show. Not something I would usually listen to, but it will be cool to see.

What a day here in bridgton

Wall to wall sun

Upper 70s low dews.

Viva la summer!

Lucky sad.gif

Overcast and around 80 here with a dew of 67.

Okay, I don't know what this is but any site with "ncep.noaa.gov" in the URL cannot be reached by my home system.

The error message keeps telling me to check my own LAN connections and so forth; I googled the error message and wound up installing and updating all my windows drivers/updates, which admittedly I was behind on. I tried rebooting... everything. I know that you guys are getting to all the NOAA sites just fine, so that seems to implicate my system, yet having no issue connecting to anything else on the Web argues for it being NOAA's problem. So I'm at a loss -

Greetings from heaven, first tstorm of the trip right now, weather has been perfect and the surf has been as well and only going to get cleaner and bigger. I see a lot of talk about how cool it is, then i was shocked to see that BDR is +2.2 for AUGUST, above normal as expected.........major heat inbound weeks 3 and 4 of the month and September is going to sizzle. 8 more days of paradise, off to grab some crab cakes from the local store, happy summer:)

69/65, rn, a high of 74. So now it's the second half of August that's going to be hot?lol Glad you're having fun, soak up the heat while you can. Not much more here this year. My prediction is a last hurrah of heat during the U.S.Open then the final descent into cold. BTW, first week of August in the book, 1 80 degree day. whew.

69/65, rn, a high of 74. So now it's the second half of August that's going to be hot?lol Glad you're having fun, soak up the heat while you can. Not much more here this year. My prediction is a last hurrah of heat during the U.S.Open then the final descent into cold. BTW, first week of August in the book, 1 80 degree day. whew.

Remember this from last year, same post and you were spot on, the US Open is always smkoin hot or very wet for some reason.

Remember this from last year, same post and you were spot on, the US Open is always smkoin hot or very wet for some reason.

LOL, it's like clockwork. I used to be a total tennis fanatic. A friend and I would win tickets to the open every year at a local tennis tournament (heart fund tournament), We always went the first week and would get blistered by the heat in the stands, the second week often features a major cooldown. I think we went 12yrs in a row and it was this way nearly each time. Or, as you say rain, though we never got rained out. Way to much of a hassle with security now and the expense has gotten unreasonable. Better to stay home and catch in the tube.

BDR is +2.2 for the month of August, you live in a dream world, reality and facts say its been warmer than average at my location, as expected, your location is irrelevant

BDR is +2.2 for the month of August, you live in a dream world, reality and facts say its been warmer than average at my location, as expected, your location is irrelevant

As is yours to me.lol Is BDR even really New England? Do another shot, you aren't belligerent enough yet.

As is yours to me.lol Is BDR even really New England? Do another shot, you aren't belligerent enough yet.

He does have a point. BOS is +1.1, PVD +1.7, BDL +2.4, ORH +1.9. Even areas to your west like ALB and PSF are +2.7 and +1.7 respectively. Looking futher north, stations in Vermont are a +2 handle, so it's safe to say even your backyard is probably at least +2 through the first five days of the month. Of course it is just the first five days, so a two degree departure over a five day period isn't terribly impressive, and it's mostly the warmer lows propping up the monthly departures. Guess cool nights are a thing of the past where people live. As of August 1st the NWS has switched to the new 1981-2010 normals which are generally warmer, so if we were using the old normals we were using just a week ago, I guess the departures might even be a shade higher.

He does have a point. BOS is +1.1, PVD +1.7, BDL +2.4, ORH +1.9. Even areas to your west like ALB and PSF are +2.7 and +1.7 respectively. Looking futher north, stations in Vermont are a +2 handle, so it's safe to say even your backyard is probably at least +2 through the first five days of the month. Of course it is just the first five days, so a two degree departure over a five day period isn't terribly impressive, and it's mostly the warmer lows propping up the monthly departures. Guess cool nights are a thing of the past where people live. As of August 1st the NWS has switched to the new 1981-2010 normals which are generally warmer, so if we were using the old normals we were using just a week ago, I guess the departures might even be a shade higher.

Yeah... it hasn't been hot but it also hasn't been cold. Its all relative to where you live... a high of 82F at 1,500ft is above average, even if its obviously colder than highs seen at BDL or BDR. We are getting towards the time of the year when the average high in the elevations are back in the 70s (I would assume), so even an 80F high on the east slope is technically "warm" or above normal.

Meh, some of that departure is probably due to some warmer than normal nights. As far as sensible weather it simply has not been the sizzling summer that many hyped. We've remained in the 70's here all but 1 day thus far in August. It has been a comfortable summer here at the very least. Losing light quickly and soon it will be over but the shouting. I actually have enjoyed this summer because it has been quite hospitable, I can only think of that one 2 day shot of heat in July that was nasty. Other than that just mild. Just a tip to all you geocentric urbanites, people do live in rural areas. As far as I'm concerned it's the intelligent thing to do. It's unhealthy to live packed together like sardines.

Meh, some of that departure is probably due to some warmer than normal nights. As far as sensible weather it simply has not been the sizzling summer that many hyped. We've remained in the 70's here all but 1 day thus far in August. It has been a comfortable summer here at the very least. Losing light quickly and soon it will be over but the shouting. I actually have enjoyed this summer because it has been quite hospitable, I can only think of that one 2 day shot of heat in July that was nasty. Other than that just mild. Just a tip to all you geocentric urbanites, people do live in rural areas. As far as I'm concerned it's the intelligent thing to do. It's unhealthy to live packed together like sardines.

It has been a sizzling summer. Not as consistent as last year but every bit as remarkable. July was solidly above normal everywhere. We'll see about August but after a week featuring 3 very cool days, we're still above normal in most places. when you consider the fact that most of the USA has suffered from the heat, it shouldn't surprise us that pieces have reached us. Be thankful it hasn't been worse and your wife at least didn't her 9th month in DC!

Archived