Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Trough returns next week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's a great area. been to loon dozens of times (got married on the summit actually) but this past weekend was the first time i had ever actually walked down into the caves.

did you stay in the lincoln/woodstock area?

even though it is clearly still summer up that way too...i felt this sense they are not far away from autumn already.

No, we stay at our summer house in bridgton. Took the kang over to lincoln which is always a great drive. Its like an hour drive. The feel of autumn is there for sure. It was in the 60s on top. The ampitheatre on top is an awesome spot for a gathering. Nice choice.

No, we stay at our summer house in bridgton. Took the kang over to lincoln which is always a great drive. Its like an hour drive. The feel of autumn is there for sure. It was in the 60s on top. The ampitheatre on top is an awesome spot for a gathering. Nice choice.

I love that area. Sebago Lake is awsome. I believe my son was conceived in a tent at Sebago Lake State Park. (probably a little too much information ! :pimp::lol: )

I've been searching the internet for skis and boots for a 4-7 month old but so far I haven't found anything. Perhaps I could start to manufacture them myself and in the process make a fortune by filling an obvious vacuum in the market.

Pete, Steve Lathrop has got some good stuff out there for you at Apple Rise Sports if you need it; they're actually based just a couple hours north of you in South Londonderry, VT. The real young ones just ski in their regular winter boots and the skis strap on. Steve started one of his little ones skiing at a bit more than 7 months:

http://www.applerise.com/mikayla.html

We started both our guys skiing before the age of 1 using his stuff, and it works great. The timing of your new arrival isn’t perfect for the coming season, since they generally can’t get going with the equipment until they can stand, but things could be getting close by later in the spring. Prior to using the equipment though, we would just ski with our guys in our packs (at first it would have to be a front pack, and once they can support their head they can go in the backpack). We found that some ski areas won’t let you ride the lifts/ski with the kids in packs, but many will. Mad River is more on the relaxed side, so they may be cool with it, and of course in the backcountry you can do whatever you want. Just use sound judgment with precious cargo as I’m sure you would.

There is no way you or anyone else can tell me that 75/65 with no breeze feels cool and refreshing lol

seriously? c'mon. sometimes the hype/spin is well-played. but there is NO WAY it feels uncomfortable out there right now. if this feels muggy and swampazzy to you...you should see a doctor and get checked out. :lol:

seriously? c'mon. sometimes the hype/spin is well-played. but there is NO WAY it feels uncomfortable out there right now. if this feels muggy and swampazzy to you...you should see a doctor and get checked out. :lol:

Yes ..honest to God..75/65 is not cool..no matter how anyone spins it. It's sticky and humid..that is not debatable..I'm not hyping heat or anything..but a 65 dew is humid

Yes ..honest to God..75/65 is not cool..no matter how anyone spins it. It's sticky and humid..that is not debatable..I'm not hyping heat or anything..but a 65 dew is humid

I have some clouds and east winds. 72/62 at BOS with BKN cigs. Dude, it's not summer-like.

the only thing i would concede to you is that it is currently more muggy in CT than the remainder of SNE. dews are like 60-64 for most of us.

but even BDL is OVC 75/65 right now...on pace for like 82 or something? to me, in early august, it's a relatively cool day given it could easily be 92/73 or something horrendous like that.

LOL..i'm not even bringing jeans or long sleeved shirts. It's august and the rains all stay south except for upslope storms and fropa convection

At night it still gets pretty "chilly"... average lows in the mountain valleys from VT/NH/ME are in the 50-55F range. It usually slips into the 50s around 10pm and then stays there till 7am or so... if you are out it does make you want to throw a hoodie on or something long sleeved. But we all know you'd never want to admit that you may feel a bit cold in this sweltering August heat ;)

Archived