Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

LOL

for this system there appears few questions left...but some are of monumental proportions for the at risk areas.

I think the further SW one gets in SNE the better potential they have ....save from the immediate S ct coast.

if i was sitting high atop the NW connecticut border i would still have a ton of hope for this thing.

the southern piece of energy is going to throw a F'N party and IMO bomb ......further S and explosive the better i think. Western CT... has a far better shot than ORH in this scenario with a system running S-N or even possibly SSE-NNW. Longitude seems a much more valuable commodity than latitude with this thing...

If i could draw a line from NW CT to Logan's house just west of the HV i think they are very much in the game for a heavy duty blitzing of S N O W.

Here's hoping the models keep things interesting for the above mentioned areas for the next 48 hours. gonna be interesting to see where the negative tilt shows up on this trough.

I'm feeling ok about it breaking positively. At least a 50/50 shot at a net gain IMHO.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 lonely degrees here now.

Pete did you see my pic in this thread last night from Jan. 1970.... That looked like some serious deep snow and I can't say I recall that winter per se, but it must have had some effect on me. LOL and my snow fixation.

I'm feeling ok about it breaking positively. At least a 50/50 shot at a net gain IMHO.

8 lonely degrees here now.

Pete did you see my pic in this thread last night from Jan. 1970.... That looked like some serious deep snow and I can't say I recall that winter per se, but it must have had some effect on me. LOL and my snow fixation.

I did see it ! Great pic, I think all of us snow lovers start as kids. Your picture jogged my memory, I was 4 in Jan. '70 and I seem to remember buiding a snow fort with some friends. I can also remember playing outside in deep snow until after dark. Not much has changed.lol

In the wind sheltering Hemlocks 2k. One of the few places where the snow hasn't been blown of the trees. It's no wonder the Deer bed down there every night.

Jesus... that vegetation looks like 3,000ft type stuff in the Greens. You have that type of environment at 2,000ft in the Berks? Very nice stuff.

6F with -SN... fresh dusting this evening. Around a foot on the ground. High was 16F today in the village... around 0F above 3,000ft on the mountain. Cold and squeaky snow. Going below zero tonight with no problem. Zone forecast calls for -2F to -7F low.

Archived