joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean 0" seasonal snowfall or 0" snow depth at the time of observation? If the latter I will guess not even close. I remember below zero temps without any snow cover many times.

I was thinking 0" snow depth at the time of the observation. I figured it's not close to be unprecedented or anything, but I can't find any cases yet through 2000. I just think it's been a little while since we've managed to sustain such an airmass with no snowcover

I was thinking 0" snow depth at the time of the observation. I figured it's not close to be unprecedented or anything, but I can't find any cases yet through 2000. I just think it's been a little while since we've managed to sustain such an airmass with no snowcover

Jan 2000 is pretty close to qualifying. I see some missing depth data from my source, but I'm sure it's out there. 1/19/2000 was -10F with a T...so essentially mostly bare ground.

Jan 2000 is pretty close to qualifying. I see some missing depth data from my source, but I'm sure it's out there. 1/19/2000 was -10F with a T...so essentially mostly bare ground.

Just got data from the NCDC since Jan 1950.

There are 1087 days with a low of 0 or below. Of those days, 41 recorded a snow depth of zero. However, just by glancing at the list, there are a few dates that look suspect. For instance January 1-2, 2009 is listed. The first legit date looks like January 15, 2000.

Just got data from the NCDC since Jan 1950.

There are 1087 days with a low of 0 or below. Of those days, 41 recorded a snow depth of zero. However, just by glancing at the list, there are a few dates that look suspect. For instance January 1-2, 2009 is listed. The first legit date looks like January 15, 2000.

Pretty cool. Like you said...Jan 07 was close. I'm not sure I buy the consistent CON 2" snow depth as I remember driving through the area back then and there was some bare ground. During that cold stretch I was waffling between T-2" depth. On 1/26/07 I had a high of 4.5F despite a depth of 1". There was so little snow cover to insulate the ground from the cold that my 6" soil temp got down to 27F (coldest I've recorded here). With full snow cover it usually remains 32-34F all winter.

now that the lignt sn- threat (LOL) Is passed

i believe this is the banter thread? yes

this pattern sucks for accumulating snowfall. I have a sneaky suspiscion (not tied to intelligence) just a gut type of thing ....that among the meteorological bllind spots we have yet to solve......the belief that we have been incredible screwed this year and tha storms have threaded the needle not to hit us....is a load of crap. This pattern sucks and i think we were just lucky to get this cold that's been overhead. there is no shot of snow outside the LES upslope machine that clobbers the greens and even the berks. for them :weight_lift: for the rest :gun_bandana:

THE ONLY positive thing going forward is Don S. post last nite about the AO tanking below -4 on damn near all the ensembles with a consensus around 5......this is replete with snowy analogs.....and potentially 12" events for SNE .

now that the lignt sn- threat (LOL) Is passed

i believe this is the banter thread? yes

this pattern sucks for accumulating snowfall. I have a sneaky suspiscion (not tied to intelligence) just a gut type of thing ....that among the meteorological bllind spots we have yet to solve......the belief that we have been incredible screwed this year and tha storms have threaded the needle not to hit us....is a load of crap. This pattern sucks and i think we were just lucky to get this cold that's been overhead. there is no shot of snow outside the LES upslope machine that clobbers the greens and even the berks. for them :weight_lift: for the rest :gun_bandana:

THE ONLY positive thing going forward is Don S. post last nite about the AO tanking below -4 on damn near all the ensembles with a consensus around 5......this is replete with snowy analogs.....and potentially 12" events for SNE .

Stay away from sharp objects and bridges. Things aren't bad. More snow on the way.

i've hid all knives ....coat hangers and rope.....i've used restraints on my wrists programmed to my snowboard (measuring device on the porch).....should greater than 1" weenie inch accumulate on the board the restraints get released.

constant morphine drip until the restraints are released however with good behavior i get supervised trips to grocery store .....restrooms and sun football.

here's hoping MRG Gets a 4 inch front end cement dump.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/comp/ceus/flash-wv.html

pretty active and awesome to watch unfold imo....several players on the field

nice cold front skidding SE toward NNE now. as HP bleeds east over ontario to quebec tonite.

little turd off SE coast.....c'mon little turd ...suprise someone tommorrow mamana

nice weather for pat's game.....call uncle vinny....i'll take the UNDER

Sunday: Snow and areas of blowing snow before noon, then snow likely and areas of blowing snow after noon. Temperature falling to around 22 by 5pm. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 35 and 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

good thing the game was moved to 4 pm :snowman:

Archived