• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

Down to 5F in Orange with no snow cover. 9.7F here.

If we had snow cover, I bet there would be scattered below 0F readings all around tonight.

Just look at the Berks on the Meso, think with deep cover I would be below, absolutely no wind out here and deep cold, feels like there should be snow on the ground, heavy heavy deep frost in the ground .

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only 15 and a no access to wx data...but as I recall the winter of 1980-81 offered numerous insults like what the next few days will bring. Cold/Dry, Snow-> Mild/Rain, Cold/Dry, repeat, repeat.... Some winters are like that where you average a little below normal for a month, but manage several cutting rainstorms.

Anyway hopefully this where that similarity ends and we do better next time.

Even right here on the coast I'm at 15.9 and dropping. Mid winter cold today.

Down 6.3F....pretty amazing considering no snow cover.I think in Dec 1988, we got down below 0 twice without snow cover. So it happens, but its hard to do...esp this time of year.I have no doubt that if we had snow cover, most interior spots would have gone below 0F or at least touched it. -17C 850s are impressive this time of year.

Yeah I know, pretty impressive. It looks like I lost a little as well...judging where the mercury line is.

Dec 11, 1988 got down to -2F here without much snow cover, but there was some dusting on the ground. However, in that cold outbreak 850s got down to like -25C. Ridiculous for that early in the season.

Lack of snow cover is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm hearing Christmas music all over the place and we have no snow on the ground with a lakes cutter for Sunday/Monday.

We really need to get some snow in here. I guess the "spoiled" 2000s of December are getting to me too. But even as good as December has been recently, the 2000s still had climo for White Christmas...6/10 years compared to 67% climo. But almost every year save 2006 had big snow on the ground at some point prior to Xmas to get the holiday spirit going. So this year is going long without white ground before Christmas.

You forgot the "It's below zero here..." part of that Will.

Yes I did forget that part...I also forgot the part that says even though its below 0F there, that we'll see a lot of rain in next 72 hours. Crappy setup right now. Hopefully our time will come.

Lack of snow cover is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm hearing Christmas music all over the place and we have no snow on the ground with a lakes cutter for Sunday/Monday.

We really need to get some snow in here. I guess the "spoiled" 2000s of December are getting to me too. But even as good as December has been recently, the 2000s still had climo for White Christmas...6/10 years compared to 67% climo. But almost every year save 2006 had big snow on the ground at some point prior to Xmas to get the holiday spirit going. So this year is going long without white ground before Christmas.

The first outward signs that it is getting to you.

Yes I did forget that part...I also forgot the part that says even though its below 0F there, that we'll see a lot of rain in next 72 hours. Crappy setup right now. Hopefully our time will come.

No worries, it will happen and I think sooner rather than later. It's really too bad this weekend system won't co-operate but certainly no need to take a leap. There'll be a White Christmas.

-1/-6, first below zero readings of this young season. Winter's is here to stay, we have snow on the ground with more to come, funny to see all the people that are calling off Winter. Seems like a torch on the coastal plain. Thise people should move.

I don't want the crowds out west.

Got down to 5.3, currently up to 6.2. Still hoping for some wintry suprises with the Sun/Mon system. The ZFP has mention of light accum at the onset and departure. Though I don't think that (nor the BOX AFD) has taken into account the 00z EC.

Got down to 5.3, currently up to 6.2. Still hoping for some wintry suprises with the Sun/Mon system. The ZFP has mention of light accum at the onset and departure. Though I don't think that (nor the BOX AFD) has taken into account the 00z EC.

Don't worry, God's country will remain low populated. Lower peasants like me won't be moving there.

You are guys are safe.

You're correct. This is an awful, God foresaken place that receives no snow and is oppresively hot in the Summer. The people are nasty as well. Probably shouldn't even drive through here due to the on-going gang wars.

Archived