• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

My cousin up in Vermont took this picture about an hour ago. He claims to have at least 14 inches:

Where is he? I'd believe it though... we are getting crushed. I had 8.5" overnight and now have 13-14" on the ground. Storm total is around 18" so far down at 800ft in the village but its fluff so there is some settling occuring as it snows.

24" at the ski resort since Saturday and it is still nuking heavy snow.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19* @2k with steady accumulating snow. 7-8" on the ground. Pics tonight. Btw. The wind up here is absolutely ferocious. I would geuss that windchill values must be zero or colder. I love working in these hostile conditions.It builds character.lol

You may want to come up here afterall... northern VT is going off right now. Heavy, heavy snow and lots of it. Walking into work today the snow was over my knees and drifts were over half-way up the door.

Now time to go catch the 8am lift opening.

8 inches and counting here in Lenox. Upslope has now transitioned into a persistent lake effect streamer that is pounding central Berkshire County just south of PSF. Probably about 1/2 mile visibility and moderate snow right now. Pouring dendrites which are adding up fast at about an inch per hour. I'll try to post some pics later.

The same streamer has been over me west of ALB. You get it further southeast. It is a lovely streamer. :) Unfortunately it has slipped ever so slightly south of me now and I'm only getting lighter snow.

8 inches and counting here in Lenox. Upslope has now transitioned into a persistent lake effect streamer that is pounding central Berkshire County just south of PSF. Probably about 1/2 mile visibility and moderate snow right now. Pouring dendrites which are adding up fast at about an inch per hour. I'll try to post some pics later.

I'm not putting my life at risk. lol

To be sure, my confidence will grow as the days go along. But, it's been iced for quite a while. In fact, the ice is also forming in the exiting streams. When i see it in the areas of running water, I take it as a good sign.

Smooth ice? Good for skating? If it is strong enough, enjoy it, because it is going to get buries. Feet and feet on relentless snow on the way soon. :snowman:

Hey Mitch. Still snowing here in Becket and accumulating, looking forward to your pics. Nice little localized event.

Well I'm bummed. :devilsmiley: The streamer has shifted about 8 miles south of me now and nothing more than flurries here. But hey if the wind veers a little more toward the west it could be back. I have about 5 inches on the ground in undisturbed areas. I'll post a few pics later.

Hey Mitch. Still snowing here in Becket and accumulating, looking forward to your pics. Nice little localized event.

That's awesome. Impressive upslope/lake total for Lenox area. :thumbsup:

Where is he? I'd believe it though... we are getting crushed. I had 8.5" overnight and now have 13-14" on the ground. Storm total is around 18" so far down at 800ft in the village but its fluff so there is some settling occuring as it snows.

24" at the ski resort since Saturday and it is still nuking heavy snow.

He's in West Bolton, Vermont, right by Mt. Mansfield (the highest peak in Vermont).

Here's an updated pic he took this morning. Over 2 feet: :snowman:

63456_1678762042260_1033790174_1900246_6600855_n.jpg

Wound up with about 9 inches here for the total. Quite impressive for a non-synoptic event. Very localized and dependent on terrain and the placement of the lake effect band. A couple of pics from earlier. First one is from the height of the LE band around 9 AM. Second is the snow total shot.

img2017k.jpgimg20180.jpg

Sweet Mitch, Thanks

He's in West Bolton, Vermont, right by Mt. Mansfield (the highest peak in Vermont).

Here's an updated pic he took this morning. Over 2 feet: :snowman:

Jesus christ, lol. We got around 18" storm total in Stowe village (east side of Mansfield) but due to settling there's really only like 12-14" on the ground at my place.

The west side of the mountain got absolutely pummeled as that picture shows. Overall, quite the epic early season snow event around these parts. At 2pm I went on a measuring run and found a general 14-20" of new snow depth on the mountain's east slope (Mansfield).

Always nice when the snow is measured in feet ;)

The amazing thing is it is still snowing... that's like 72 hours straight of snow in the air.

Since I know you guy's on here like coastal flooding and such, check out the video I shot on monday durning the bomb as it come ashore at high tide. Winds were around 70 mph +.. Threw in some pink floyd to enhnace the wave effect.. Enjoy :)

Amazing how similar that video was to my own local scenery here on the coast of Rhode Island. High winds, flooding, lack of snow, lobster traps strewn about, feels real familiar.

Archived