Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't quit here either. Very stong winds along w/SN. Tough to say exactly how much but safe to say around 5". Looks beautiful. Most fun at work since the last time it snowed. Currently 19*.

Same here, nice. Snowing and blowing. 19F with ~6-7" storm total so far.

The mountain was absolutely brutal. We verified blizzard conditions easy with 40-60mph winds, wind chills below zero, and whiteout conditions all day long I'll post some pics later.

Pretty incredible snow totals from this morning in CT

5" in Goshen

4.5" Kent

3" Cornwall

3.5" Naugatuck

4" Washington

1.5" Wallingford

You know its early in the season when 1-5" is considered incredible snow totals, lol.

I'm just bustin' your chops, Ryan... pretty sweet meso-scale lake effect streamer for you guys. I'm sure there are some happy weenies in Goshen.

You know its early in the season when 1-5" is considered incredible snow totals, lol.

I'm just bustin' your chops, Ryan... pretty sweet meso-scale lake effect streamer for you guys. I'm sure there are some happy weenies in Goshen.

LOL that is sort of true anyway. Who knows... may be all we see in December!!! :axe:

Same here, nice. Snowing and blowing. 19F with ~6-7" storm total so far.

The mountain was absolutely brutal. We verified blizzard conditions easy with 40-60mph winds, wind chills below zero, and whiteout conditions all day long I'll post some pics later.

Still cranking. It was a challenging day at 2k, Temp hovered around 19 with very strong winds and low vis. Had some trees crash down around 2:30. Very cool day to work outside.

Still cranking. It was a challenging day at 2k, Temp hovered around 19 with very strong winds and low vis. Had some trees crash down around 2:30. Very cool day to work outside.

Nice... but want to see low vis?

Here's 1:30pm (midday) at 1,500ft in the Stowe base area... sustained winds of 30-40mph with heavy snow equals near whiteout:

We had true blizzard conditions all afternoon.

Nice... but want to see low vis?

Here's 1:30pm (midday) at 1,500ft in the Stowe base area... sustained winds of 30-40mph with heavy snow equals near whiteout:

We had true blizzard conditions all afternoon.

Nice, the low vis pick is familiar. Look at my top pic, Once you got out of the trees onto the pond it was a snowicane. I love winter. Funny to read all the bridge jumper posts. Meanwhile, there's a snowpack building.

Nice, the low vis pick is familiar. Look at my top pic, Once you got out of the trees onto the pond it was a snowicane. I love winter. Funny to read all the bridge jumper posts. Meanwhile, there's a snowpack building.

Haha, yeah I saw that... woods are definitely more sheltered areas (that's where all this snow is ending up, all flat, open areas are blown clean). I'm not worried yet, but I really hope this storm after the clipper isn't warm/wet. The optimist in me wants to think the late weekend/early next week storm is a snowy one...but the realist in me sees that mother nature doesn't care what I want. I'm just looking forward to a light 1-3, maybe 4" if everything breaks right, refresher with the clipper.. then we see where the next one goes. Going for a walk in the snow, gotta enjoy it now because who knows what the future holds.

Haha, yeah I saw that... woods are definitely more sheltered areas (that's where all this snow is ending up, all flat, open areas are blown clean). I'm not worried yet, but I really hope this storm after the clipper isn't warm/wet. The optimist in me wants to think the late weekend/early next week storm is a snowy one...but the realist in me sees that mother nature doesn't care what I want. I'm just looking forward to a light 1-3, maybe 4" if everything breaks right, refresher with the clipper.. then we see where the next one goes. Going for a walk in the snow, gotta enjoy it now because who knows what the future holds.

Yup, enjoy the here and now. I think things are going to workout just fine wrt the weekend. So far out no sense in sweating it.

Yup, enjoy the here and now. I think things are going to workout just fine wrt the weekend. So far out no sense in sweating it.

BTV just upgraded us to 8-16", lol.

And Burlington to Montpelier corridor is now under a warning for 6-12"

This is a classic upslope event...snowing at a good clip and models indicate it sticking around. I bet places in SVT and Berks definitely get warning criteria snowfall too.

Scott, was thinking of paying you a visit Wednesday but only see intermediate terrain. Anything good about to come online?

Archived