Newest Member
    joxey
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You coastal kids are so cute.

Its definitely a colder airmass. We have -10C 850s right now with -14C on the way by Tuesday...so its definitely a bit of an arctic feel to it even if not brutal arctic air. Its quite chilly weather coming up for the first week of December.

LOL, I've already dropped into the teens a few times, but the days were warmer. Today it maxed out in the low 30's. First day that it has done that since, I believe, early March.

I know, I follow everybody's obs. You're locale has surprised me several times with how well you radiate.

Its definitely a colder airmass. We have -10C 850s right now with -14C on the way by Tuesday...so its definitely a bit of an arctic feel to it even if not brutal arctic air. Its quite chilly weather coming up for the first week of December.

Well certainly the day time temps have slipped a little but as far as how it 'feels' it doesn't seem much different to any of the other countless nights we've had in the 20's. I for one am loving the consistent cold in the forecast. You would have enjoyed the sight I saw today as I was heading West back here from the valley. Blue sky above but the view toward Chesterfield and Worthington showed the perfect spillover effect of the upsloping on the west side of the spine. Anywhere within 6-8 miles of the crest had persistent snsh/flurries. It looked very much like an umbrella of clouds and precip when viewed from afar. You had described it as an umbrella a few weeks back and when I saw it today I thought it was an apt description. I liked the optimistic tone of many of your posts today. It's been a while since that has been noted.

wait, he's from Litchfield CT I assume..? you're just northwest of Northampton MA aren't you? Heavy heavy marginal CNE

LOL

No, I think Joe lives near the coast despite his moniker. I'm in far western Hampshire County, Mass, commonly referred to by BOX as the "far distant interior". You're trying too hard Junior.

I met my SF friend for lunch today and walked on the Common and Public Garden. The first wintry feeling day in a large scale sense of the season. 3PM sun losing steam and long shadows of impending darkness. Most of the population hates this, we live for it.

Lol, I was watching people today at the gas station when I was filling up. They all looked so pained by the cold. I absolutely love it, Which is good since I spend nearly every minute of daylight outside.lol

Lol, I was watching people today at the gas station when I was filling up. They all looked so pained by the cold. I absolutely love it, Which is good since I spend nearly every minute of daylight outside.lol

Ha, I got gas a couple hours ago and there were people in parkas who looked like they were about to freeze to death while I was out there in just a long sleeve shirt. I love this time of year.

Pete - impressive LES band making it all the way to southern Berkshires from the look of it ..most likely drying up over the HV and upsloping then. Perhaps you are a tad too far north for that.

As to me....northern fringe of the stuff all day, but just a couple decent dustings before blowing. Flurries continuing and 22. Not much diurnal

spread here: Low of 21, High of 25.

No, I think Joe lives near the coast despite his moniker. I'm in far western Hampshire County, Mass, commonly referred to by BOX as the "far distant interior". You're trying too hard Junior.

Just in from a couple hours at Wachusett. Cold but no wind. Really not bad. They are making tons of snow but they really need some natural to open more terrain. We bought our tree out in Phillipston and flakes were in the air most of the day.

A brisk 16.5F out there now

Nice

i just got back. was there w/ GF...couple runs down indian summer. gf was like wow that's fast.....lol. she fell hard

nice brisk weather at the mountain. I thought the thermometer was off....it said 18 when i left by the base. blowing mountains of snow out there.

love the low thicknesses for wed/ thur....in the 510's. at 1000' feet you won't be gettin out of the low 20's.

Pete, when is the Glen opening? Do they make any snow?

3 days on skis, 39 more to meet my goal...

They plan on opening the 16th unless we get some big snow before. They have 2 snow guns that tey use near the base where a lot of trails intersect but they just joke about it really. It's all natural or nothing really.

Pete - impressive LES band making it all the way to southern Berkshires from the look of it ..most likely drying up over the HV and upsloping then. Perhaps you are a tad too far north for that.

As to me....northern fringe of the stuff all day, but just a couple decent dustings before blowing. Flurries continuing and 22. Not much diurnal

spread here: Low of 21, High of 25.

Hi Rick, I spoke to a friend in Ghent and he said they were getting some light snsh there so some is making it to the valley floor. My nephew is starting his first year as a ski instructor at Catamount and he said they were getting some snow there at the mountain, As for here we are a liitle too far North for that band although the flakes are still flying here as they have been all day. Basically one non-stop flurry.lol Same here, enough to whiten things up but not enough to plow.. What's your take on the late week action?

They plan on opening the 16th unless we get some big snow before. They have 2 snow guns that tey use near the base where a lot of trails intersect but they just joke about it really. It's all natural or nothing really.

How can they plan on opening until it snows?, kind of a catch 22 when you depend solely of natural.

Archived