joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is excellent. i wish someone would get to work on solving teleportation. :lol:

Haha yeah tell me about it. That Underhill cam is sick because 1) the resolution and size is good, but more importantly 2) it is located in the best upslope location on the west slope of Mansfield.

It looks like they're probably 6-8" so far from last night and this morning.

A few flakes probably even made it to your hometown today. I see Voorheesville had an inch. I have had 3 inches and some decent snow again now. I say 3" so far in a sheltered area out back - it's blowing off my open areas and into drifts. This snow is essentially falling horizontally here. Still holding at 20F.

Haha yeah tell me about it. That Underhill cam is sick because 1) the resolution and size is good, but more importantly 2) it is located in the best upslope location on the west slope of Mansfield.

It looks like they're probably 6-8" so far from last night and this morning.

Nice! We had 2-3" overnight and this morning in Stowe village... storm total of 6" so far. Up here at the mountain the upslope snow machine is on at full blast... we've been snowing over 1"/hr since 6am. Visibility is 1/4 mile or less and flakes are huge. This is awesome and has the looks of an over-performer today and tonight. The first retro was a bit of a bust, but this looks like no bust right now as its snowing hard here in the northern Greens.

Given the ratios we've been seeing 40:1 or so, even the .25-.5" of QPF the models have over the next 24-36 hours up here could turn into pretty decent totals.

Upslope in full swing here too. Steady accumulating snow has not quit. Very Windy making it blizzard like. Sweet. Pics later.

Nice! We had 2-3" overnight and this morning in Stowe village... storm total of 6" so far. Up here at the mountain the upslope snow machine is on at full blast... we've been snowing over 1"/hr since 6am. Visibility is 1/4 mile or less and flakes are huge. This is awesome and has the looks of an over-performer today and tonight. The first retro was a bit of a bust, but this looks like no bust right now as its snowing hard here in the northern Greens.

Given the ratios we've been seeing 40:1 or so, even the .25-.5" of QPF the models have over the next 24-36 hours up here could turn into pretty decent totals.

Upslope in full swing here too. Steady accumulating snow has not quit. Very Windy making it blizzard like. Sweet. Pics later.

22 and light/occasionally moderate snow continues with strong wind. I can't say that I am accumulating a thing because it is all blowing and this mornings snow is half gone from the lawn...drifted into the hedgerows, etc.

If the Sunday thing is snow to ice ...maybe not so bad because what falls can't blow away :) and it will act as a base to last for the duration.

bands from Kev's house down thru SE conn look pretty good. esp by kev's house some deeper echos.....Eastern long island looks pretty good for squalls today as well.

saw a nice flurry in stoneham this morn 920 i'sh ...not many clouds nearby either was cool.

Now more snow flurries up by north shore but i am in a snowhole in framingham for now.

Euro has time to change. relax for two more euro cycles.

bands from Kev's house down thru SE conn look pretty good. esp by kev's house some deeper echos.....Eastern long island looks pretty good for squalls today as well.

saw a nice flurry in stoneham this morn 920 i'sh ...not many clouds nearby either was cool.

Now more snow flurries up by north shore but i am in a snowhole in framingham for now.

Euro has time to change. relax for two more euro cycles.

Hey, more terrain opening at Wachusett. 2 Better blue trails, Challenger (race course) and Ralphs are open. They also look to be blowing snow near the top of the mountain and on some of the middle terrain as well.

Good stretch of snowmaking weather. C'mon Ma Nature ! Take the hint! Winter is here.

The local pond sort of flash froze last night. There were still open stretches of water yesterday, and this morning, geese were walking on it. Slight dusting of snow on it, as well

22 and light/occasionally moderate snow continues with strong wind. I can't say that I am accumulating a thing because it is all blowing and this mornings snow is half gone from the lawn...drifted into the hedgerows, etc.

If the Sunday thing is snow to ice ...maybe not so bad because what falls can't blow away :) and it will act as a base to last for the duration.

Hasn't quit here either. Very stong winds along w/SN. Tough to say exactly how much but safe to say around 5". Looks beautiful. Most fun at work since the last time it snowed. Currently 19*.

Archived