• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The SNE OBS Thread

ski MRG

Just mention that there's nothing to do and that'll keep the city folk at bay.

Oh, I forgot, there's nothing to do here. There are no malls, no pizza delivery, no movie theatres, no cell phone service, nothing but tens of thousands of acres of mountainous wasteland. No cable tv either. People typically just sit and stare at the wall, slack jawed with a bit of drool leaking out from time to time. A wretched place really.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I forgot, there's nothing to do here. There are no malls, no pizza delivery, no movie theatres, no cell phone service, nothing but tens of thousands of acres of mountainous wasteland. No cable tv either. People typically just sit and stare at the wall, slack jawed with a bit of drool leaking out from time to time. A wretched place really.

Pretty much.

Lack of snow cover is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm hearing Christmas music all over the place and we have no snow on the ground with a lakes cutter for Sunday/Monday.

We really need to get some snow in here. I guess the "spoiled" 2000s of December are getting to me too. But even as good as December has been recently, the 2000s still had climo for White Christmas...6/10 years compared to 67% climo. But almost every year save 2006 had big snow on the ground at some point prior to Xmas to get the holiday spirit going. So this year is going long without white ground before Christmas.

All Ihear is complaining :lol:

Nearby meso site says 1F... crappy Walmart thermometer says -3.0F! We'll see what the car says later (although it takes a while to adjust after being in the toasty garage)

Garage is the best thing eva

All Ihear is complaining :lol:

Nearby meso site says 1F... crappy Walmart thermometer says -3.0F! We'll see what the car says later (although it takes a while to adjust after being in the toasty garage)

Garage is the best thing eva

No garage at the pit. Painfully cold steering wheel ftl. At least I don't need to drive to work.

I was thinking about you on the drive home last night. :wub:

lol ... well, I mean as far as working in the cold goes. Thinking about how many layers I'd be piling on, things like that. I don't envy outdoor workers on days like this.

I was talking with a parent of one of the scouts, he was driving a dozer all day with no cab/heat

he said it sucked

Pete, what do you think about tonight, Sunday, and Monday?

(skiing tonight - no kids in tow!!!)

Not Much. Maybe .5-1" here tonight. I think we'll pick up a little on the front end Sunday and while it eventually turns to rain it never really gets 'warm' here and what ever falls stays on the ground (albeit slushy) then it flips overnight Sunday night and we get a bit more. My geuss is that by Monday afternoon we have a Perma crust laid down with an inch or two of dust on top. Then perhaps a little spillover from upsloping. Not great but I think it stays White on the ground here when all is said and done. Areas East of here are Fooked though. Definitely no Winter for the CP. Just 39 degrees and rain until it warms up and the ticks emerge in April.

I was thinking about you on the drive home last night. :wub:

lol ... well, I mean as far as working in the cold goes. Thinking about how many layers I'd be piling on, things like that. I don't envy outdoor workers on days like this.

A Carhartt's one piece suit and some Patagonia expedition weight long underwear and you're fine. Like I tell my crew, "If you're cold you're not working hard enough."

Not Much. Maybe .5-1" here tonight. I think we'll pick up a little on the front end Sunday and while it eventually turns to rain it never really gets 'warm' here and what ever falls stays on the ground (albeit slushy) then it flips overnight Sunday night and we get a bit more. My geuss is that by Monday afternoon we have a Perma crust laid down with an inch or two of dust on top. Then perhaps a little spillover from upsloping. Not great but I think it stays White on the ground here when all is said and done. Areas East of here are Fooked though. Definitely no Winter for the CP. Just 39 degrees and rain until it warms up and the ticks emerge in April.

That's where I want to live

Archived