• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

What are you thinking? Thurs through Sat upper 90s for BOS, upper 70's for MRG?

Well you know how it goes around here. It has to be an absolutely perfect setup to get 100degree reading in ern mass. If the euro was correct, BOS probably would get very close, if not hit that mark. Verbatim the warmest 850 temps are down from NJ on southwest. West to west-southwest delivery will help.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh how do I pray for MRG's hair next week..Pray..Oh Lord do I pray he makes it thru the torch

Mountain hippies will be running to their caves to avoid the heat.

. . . While us bald folk will be dealing with constant sweat run-off from our scorched domes.

Either way, high temps, and high dews make the future a lose, lose situation for all.

:yikes:

Dear Lord at last nite's Euro. 4-5 days of 90-100 degrees with dews in the 70's. We'll be starting it Thursday in SNE as we head south into the teeth of it in Baltimore.

Perhaps we herald it in with some nocturnal storms Wed night.

Either way get ready..this biatch is for real. Good ensemble support too.

Be sure to change your sheets before your Mom finds them.

Vim Toot!

Ugh on big heat.

I've been in it many places and times but the standout for me in NE was 8/78 in Falmouth, MA where a terrible heat wave got us to 102f.

That crap has no business up here. I'll never forget the ecstacy of the afternoon back door cold front passage that ended our misery. Oh what joy that was!

I hope Ginx' recurving typhoon saves us.

PS- I pity the Baltimorean pilgrims. What an awful heat sink that place is.

Torrid greasy air composed of beaten smut molecules staining throats and lungs. Streaks of ooze pulsing from poisoned pores.

A gooey miasma coating weenies from their dingy black-socked sandaled feet to their sodden and clingy Oscar Mayer steamed weiner tees.

Those weenies are gonna look like the inedible red dogs Eastern Mainers keep for days in steam cabinets at road-side gas stations.

Burnt as red as a Downeast Maine frank and, just as tasteless!

Have fun.

Vim Toot!

If the Uber-torch forecasts should verify, Pete would be around 90 also (give or take). I'd be a few over 90 and places like BDL would be pushing 100.

When you remove downsloping factors from the equation and put a 21C 850 airmass overhead I find that my 1 k feet only buys me maybe 4 degrees of relief tops...give Pete 5 or 6. The main relief here is at night where we tend to at least get down to 68-70 (wherever the DP is), while places like BDL and ALB can have obscenely high overnight lows.

He will just have a small fan in 1 window that makes his locks sway in the gentle, cool breeze, while folks at BDL melt to the pavement...

Hah yes I have been to Baltimore where it was pushing 100 and it is atrocious!

Apparently these conference goers are planning on hanging out in some hotel out near the airport for two days so I guess they will be insulated. If they had it at a hotel near the Inner Harbor in say Fall that would be pretty cool, but July is a disaster down there.

Ugh on big heat.

I've been in it many places and times but the standout for me in NE was 8/78 in Falmouth, MA where a terrible heat wave got us to 102f.

That crap has no business up here. I'll never forget the ecstacy of the afternoon back door cold front passage that ended our misery. Oh what joy that was!

Torrid greasy air composed of beaten smut molecules staining throats and lungs. Streaks of ooze pulsing from poisoned pores.

A gooey miasma coating weenies from their dingy black-socked sandaled feet to their sodden and clingy Oscar Mayer steamed weiner tees.

Those weenies are gonna look like the inedible red dogs Eastern Mainers keep for days in steam cabinets at road-side gas stations.

Have fun.

Vim Toot!

HAH ..I think he hit 91 once ...or something like that. Didn't he have several days at like 89.6 and wouldn't call it 90.

I hit 90 three days last year ..warmest 92, but had several more 89's and quite a few 87/88's. So far this year I had one 89 and two 86's.

Nope nothing but cool wet conditions for him last summer. Most days in the 50's and 60's..Only 2 days even hit 70. Frost almost every night even when it was raining

If the Uber-torch forecasts should verify, Pete would be around 90 also (give or take). I'd be a few over 90 and places like BDL would be pushing 100.

When you remove downsloping factors from the equation and put a 21C 850 airmass overhead I find that my 1 k feet only buys me maybe 4 degrees of relief tops...give Pete 5 or 6. The main relief here is at night where we tend to at least get down to 68-70 (wherever the DP is), while places like BDL and ALB can have obscenely high overnight lows.

BDL routinely has overnight lows at or above 80F. I read that on Easternwx last summer...

HAH ..I think he hit 91 once ...or something like that. Didn't he have several days at like 89.6 and wouldn't call it 90.

I hit 90 three days last year ..warmest 92, but had several more 89's and quite a few 87/88's. So far this year I had one 89 and two 86's.

The Chester Hill Wunderground data shows a high of 92,4 for last July, so I'm guessing he hit 90 or 91...maybe 92...

I will check the old Eastern site around July 6

Pete hit 92.4F on July 6

"92.4 here at my house. 88 at 2k when I left at 2pm. We had a steady breeze all day at the site but working in the full sun and inside a new foundation was nasty. Walked 9 holes at Worthington and was the only soul on the course. If it weren't for the constant breeze it would have been unbearable. Hoping today was the worst of the Summer. That said, with good physical conditioning and copious amounts of water getting through this heat is a cinch. Still, looking forward to cooler days ahead. "

meh

Ugh on big heat.

Have fun.

Vim Toot!

This is funny stuff, glad I am brown already and do not have to worry. The crab will still be delicious , visiting the inner harbor, DC too.

Archived