joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that is making tracking that problematic is this heat trough along the east coast. Every time the models start to bring it in, it develops that trough, and then it is as though the models confuse/process it like a baroclinic zone, and then start using the resulting cyclonic flow to shunt the same heat that produced it ...stopping it to some degree. It's a false negative feedback.

One thing that is making tracking that problematic is this heat trough along the east coast. Every time the models start to bring it in, it develops that trough, and then it is as though the models confuse/process it like a baroclinic zone, and then start using the resulting cyclonic flow to shunt the same heat that produced it ...stopping it to some degree. It's a false negative feedback.

They have had the right idea though, just look at this AM sat off CC

The 0Z GFS wants to bring the armaggedon torch in around day 7.....

Before that, next weeks cool down is nicer so we'll worry about day 7 when it's closer.

Let's keep it at day 7 on every run - though I'm sure one of these times it will verify with another heat wave.

They have had the right idea though, just look at this AM sat off CC

Yikes...last night's Euro is a major torch.

yeah beginning to believe we see at least a couple of days of an actual torch/heat wave. Not +3 garbage but true big heat / humidity. don't know how long it will last because still looks like the main ridge focus is where it's been.

still a week out but wouldn't be surprised to see widespread 90s thu-sat of next week.

Well next week's cooldown looks more muted, as the op runs backed off the significant troughing in the northeast. Thought this would happen, although we have a few days to see of it can come back around again...but ensembles aren't very enthusiastic about it. Should still be a fropa to come through.

Ensembles are hot for sure. Pretty warm in the 11-15 day as well. Classic heat delivery with a large western trough and also + looking NAO.

I think we officially hit 90 degrees at the airport the 3 1/2 years I was there. Some of the AWOS stations away from the water hit 92-93. The all-time record is only 93 degrees.

I think the hottest I've experienced in Buffalo is 97.

Well, looks like we'll break that 97 pretty easily. I'm not even quite sure I've experienced what's progged...lol. I missed the big heat we had last year.

Enjoy this morning's wx... We might not get this again for a couple of weeks

BWI in the possible heat sounds awful. At least they will have a pool and AC.

If Wiz rides with Scooter, Ray, Will, and KeV, the top five Americanwx posters will be within farting distance of each other for several hours. Pile the luggage on the roof and put Wiz in the back

Archived