wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh agree absolutely... Even I said I was just over 50/50 myself - this trough action in the Maritimes is a fickle beast. Seems to be having an affect locally regardless of the NAO, too.

John, we've had one hell of a gradient this summer-- JFK, near where I am, was +3.5 in June and +5 so far in July, bu NYC and LGA, which are further north (by like 10 miles lol) were only a +1.5 in June and a +3 in July. I also got to 98 the other day and they haven't been higher than 92-93. The grass is yellow here and the thermometer has no problem rising several degrees an hour here no matter what kind of airmass is in place, but I guess farther north it's a different story. Weird to see the south shore toasting like this every day, but I love it! :)

Ah haha, I was just checking out some of the FRH grids for like DDC and OKC and holy hades on earth! Some of those locales have 592dm thickness THICKNESS, ...with T1'S of +37C

...Can you imagine some freak anomaly that grabbed that and pulled it downsloping into SNE?

Well, we've gotten some of that here and it's nice and scorching-- comparisons to 1980 and 1995 are being thrown around for what may happen next week.

even they say "possibly new england" so it's not a forgone conclusion it gets here unabated. I think the forecast is much less tricky further south into the mid-Altantic.

OSU we were over 100 three days here last July with 850s in the low 20s-- so I think this region has a decent shot at 100+ even if the 25C just barely misses us. Up by you, it may be a different story. It's already been a very hot and dry summer here so far.

73/63, a high of 76, another perfect day of non-heat. Nice that as we pass the halfway mark of July we have yet to see any sustained heat. A warm day here and there but it's really been quite mild. Looking at the title of the thread and comparing it to my NWS forecast I'm left wondering "where's the torch?"

73/63, a high of 76, another perfect day of non-heat. Nice that as we pass the halfway mark of July we have yet to see any sustained heat. A warm day here and there but it's really been quite mild. Looking at the title of the thread and comparing it to my NWS forecast I'm left wondering "where's the torch?"

Well, we should get Monday as a torch day (+10 over normal) then possibly a few days towards the end ofnext week

Wachusett adding a high speed quad

Nice

Pete, I give in, I agree, even though all stations are above to well above climo, its been cold, you win. Its not fun anymore.

Pete, I give in, I agree, even though all stations are above to well above climo, its been cold, you win. Its not fun anymore.

Considering most of the rest of SNE was 0 to +1 today lets use that and we can conservatively say Pete's July average is 76. So anything that's above 76 for him is above normal and probably 83-84 at BDL....so the 85,86,84 he's forecasted this weekend is actually +8-+10, despite the fact that there is "no heat".

laugh.gif

Well, his pOst was basically correct. Nice day. Have not had much real heat...just a few degrees above

Not like last summer

last summer was freak.

One cant use the summer of 10 as a benchmark, we do live in New England after all. But, when places like Boston, orh, bdr blah blah blah are well above normal, especially in July, when its harder to be above normal, how can you say there has been no heat, I guess the "new" norm, is if you are well above average, that means its actually been cold.

I get it now :P

Considering most of the rest of SNE was 0 to +2 today lets use that and we can conservatively say Pete's July average is 76. So anything that's above 76 for him is above normal and probably 83-84 at BDL....so the 85,86,84 he's forecasted this weekend is actually +8-+10, despite the fact that there is "no heat".

laugh.gif

Some snow lovers cant look past there :weenie: and see the truth, whatever, I believe its called dickey doo disease............I am freezing.

BOS is +3.4 in July. That's pretty warm when considering what climo for July is.

No NO..............its not warm, its chilly. GIven the fact this weekend and next week look moderately to well above normal, I would say July finishes really cold.:snowman:

last summer was freak.

One cant use the summer of 10 as a benchmark, we do live in New England after all. But, when places like Boston, orh, bdr blah blah blah are well above normal, especially in July, when its harder to be above normal, how can you say there has been no heat, I guess the "new" norm, is if you are well above average, that means its actually been cold.

I get it now :P

Joe, no one besides a hermit said it is cold. It has just been a few degrees above each day with a couple of bigger departures. Next week will be hot though

If the avg for the daily high is 78 and we hit 81-82 then it is meh

88+ would be toooooorchhh

BOS is +3.4 in July. That's pretty warm when considering what climo for July is.

No NO..............its not warm, its chilly. GIven the fact this weekend and next week look moderately to well above normal, I would say July finishes really cold.:snowman:

cold.gifSnowman.gif

It really is too bad the pools and lakes are still frozen over this year. I used to like to swim in the summer too. Dang.

Perfectly agreeable day here today. Low if 53 and high of 77.5.

Enjoy the 90's late next week. :) I know how much I like bitter cold so I guess I can understand how others could love just the opposite. Extremes are extremes and just as in late January you realize that you only get a few weeks before the sun angle starts to interfere. Enjoy the mid Summer torch for these fleeting weeks. I'll be in the a/c.

Considering most of the rest of SNE was 0 to +1 today lets use that and we can conservatively say Pete's July average is 76. So anything that's above 76 for him is above normal and probably 83-84 at BDL....so the 85,86,84 he's forecasted this weekend is actually +8-+10, despite the fact that there is "no heat".

laugh.gif

A very fair estimate. Two stations within 40 miles further north and at higher elevations (Cummington Hill and Savoy MA) have a normal high temperature of 75.7 and 76.4 for July 15th, so it's likely his normal high would be about 77 for today.

Good, at least you can see reason. Seriously though, June was cool and wet, We've had a few warm days here the first two weeks of July and a few scattered through the May and June but still haven't hit 90. "Torch en route" should be changed to " Normal to slightly Above Temps en route". It's a matter of perspective. There were long stretches earlier this Spring/Summer when you were posting how warm and beautiful it wasand I'd look out and see manky,cloudy showery weather here. When I left for work this AM it was in the upper 40's here. When I got out of the truck at 2K it was 52 with a stiff wind. It did not feel like the sultry Summer weather you describe. It's been nice, not too hot. We've had regular rainfall here that has everyone commenting on how lush it is. I was talking to the greenskeeper at my course and he said he has had to water very little this go 'round. You guys should save "torch" for prolonged bouts of truly hot weather. The heat this summer is garden variety. Nothing of note. Personally, I'm left hoping for some hot dry weather as the persistent wet conditions here have spawned a new and virulent round of biting insects. All of this will be over very soon and we'll be able to get back to crisp, cold, snowy weather. The best weather.

A very fair estimate. Two stations within 40 miles further north and at higher elevations (Cummington Hill and Savoy MA) have a normal high temperature of 75.7 and 76.4 for July 15th, so it's likely his normal high would be about 77 for today.

Cummington Hill is 5 minutes from here.

Archived