• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid July SNE Torch en route!

HoarfrostHubb

All the models have the heat ridge shifting from the plains toward the mid atlc around day 7...it's just a matter of timing I think...probability of occurrence is pretty high unless a backdoor sitation arises in the WNW flow regime.

Yea looks like a lock especially for us in BWI, colder beer needed, ice machines at the hotel maxed out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check the philly thread - am19psu has a good couple of posts about the recurve.

Just looked at the latest for Ma-on, and I hope the recurve tightens considerably. Center of the current cone puts a strong cat 3 into southern Honshu early next week, and Japan certainly doesn't need that right now.

Also makes me happy that my son lives just north of Nagoya now, where that track would mean strong TS-force winds. His former Japan residence was 50 miles south of there in Ise, which would be under the eye of a 105 kt storm in the wee hours Wed morning (JST.)

You should saunter on into one of our GTG's. It would be fun to hoot hoot with Vim Toot

I'd have to arrive incognito and by the rear entrance (whoops! Control yourself) so to avoid those lurking lunatics here who would either boycott the event in protest of the cruel irritant Vim Toot! or hire one of their ex-convict nephews to bludgeon me till my homburg lies dented and torn in the pocked lot properly belonging to the loathesome sort of roadhouse that would have me as a guest there.

That and the hideout hosting such an event would have to be between NYC and PWM on either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening dependent on whether I'm coming from or going to the powerful tugboat which parts the Hudson's fast flowing waters before it as I type.

Those pre-conditions having been met, I'm sure it would be a big letdown for you as I'm not nearly the dashing figure in person as I am on this part of the internet.

And I so don't want to disappoint the sliver of weeniedom who'd bother to show.

Now, if MRG promises to bring doobies, count me in!

Vim Toot!

I'd have to arrive incognito and by the rear entrance (whoops! Control yourself) so to avoid those lurking lunatics here who would either boycott the event in protest of the cruel irritant Vim Toot! or hire one of their ex-convict nephews to bludgeon me till my homburg lies dented and torn in the pocked lot properly belonging to the loathesome sort of roadhouse that would have me as a guest there.

That and the hideout hosting such an event would have to be between NYC and PWM on either a Tuesday or Wednesday evening dependent on whether I'm coming from or going to the powerful tugboat which parts the Hudson's fast flowing waters before it as I type.

Those pre-conditions having been met, I'm sure it would be a big letdown for you as I'm not nearly the dashing figure in person as I am on this part of the internet.

And I so don't want to disappoint the sliver of weeniedom who'd bother to show.

Now, if MRG promises to bring doobies, count me in!

Vim Toot!

LOL..he's got 10 stashed in different areas of his long, womenly locks..Just run your hands thru it, and you'll find a magical surprise

:lol:

Just read AMPSU,s posts, interesting, makes sense it forces the dome east but also seems to imply bigger trough there after. I would say it helps push things along so the stagnant putrid air is moved out. Also would seem some big time severe is in the cards late next week. Heathers paper

http://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/169099.pdf

Just read AMPSU,s posts, interesting, makes sense it forces the dome east but also seems to imply bigger trough there after. I would say it helps push things along so the stagnant putrid air is moved out. Also would seem some big time severe is in the cards late next week. Heathers paper

http://ams.confex.co...pers/169099.pdf

Dr. A is amazing! Well, it could get things stirred up by day 5 or 6 and scoot the whole dome out to sea

Hi did not forget our Halloween snow in Stowe bet but seeing as you will need to mortgage the house just to fill beer orders I will let it slide.

Ginx, do you have a good layman's source about Rossby waves and recurving typhoons?

I found this one, but it is a bit over my little head...

http://www.sci.u-toyama.ac.jp/earth/e-kawamura/KO06.pdf

And it does not seem to show what happens at later stages.

I would be psyched if this came to fruition and we returned to the warm but not hot summer already in progress

Archived