• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Viva La Sizzle

Mr Torchey

Looks like a mid month heat wave, most locations well above normal for July already, looks to get much worse in the coming weeks, will Tippy reach the melting point, will Ray take a swan dive into the tub? Will West Chesterfield crack 80?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ensembles keep most of the heat out west. We do heat up perhaps around day 10, but it appears the mega heat ridge retrogrades to the west and we are left with some sort of long wave trough from the Davis Straits, to SNE. It's still warm, just not an oven....at least at this point.

Euro ensembles keep most of the heat out west. We do heat up perhaps around day 10, but it appears the mega heat ridge retrogrades to the west and we are left with some sort of long wave trough from the Davis Straits, to SNE. It's still warm, just not an oven....at least at this point.

Interesting to see how it shakes out, after today BDR will already be around +3 or so for the month.

I was just going to say that I was talking to DT on fb last night and he seemed to feel that if it even reached us at all, it wouldn't last long.

Warm, but +3 over a 1 week stretch I wouldn't consider baking. Highs thus far have been 76, 79, 77, 83, 84, 86, 83.

True that would be more impressive over 21 days, but still well above normal, I think when July is all said and done we can chalk up a + 4 or so up there.

Roll over ridge keeps us dry and normal non brutal heat, should be the best stretch of summer.

I agree, but think we have an absolute brutal 3-5 day stretch 3rd week of July. This summer has been awesome, just wish we could get a bit of rain down here. +2 or 3 a month is no torch, but its certainly nice.

I hope this is how it pans out. I'm typing this at midnight and the dewpoint is 71. 70 plus degree dewpoints even with the Atlantic Ocean down the street is miserable without AC, especially when your bedroom isn't on the south-side of the house. The coolish 68 degree water temperatures aren't providing much relief. But so far this typical summer heat is a lot more bearable than last summer's sultry inferno.

I know how much Kevin AND Ray would both enjoy this..

Noon (16) Jul 08 84.0 (28.9) 72.0 (22.2) 29.83 (1010) S 8

Looks like a pretty good day for a couple severe storms down here. Already up to 3k CAPE with some decent shear and plenty of lift.. Some areas could see inches of rain

Are you already in football camp there? If so, you have my deepest sympathy. I barely made it thru a couple weeks of that in B'more, Sept 1965; you'd be facing a couple months!

haha... high of 74F today up here, never leaving the 50s at elevation...NW flow providing some upslope sprinkles/light showers this morning, then sunshine all afternoon... 40s tonight maybe?

TOOOOORCH

Actually only wound up with a high of 76F, so BOX was a little off

Currently 58.6, hoping for the 40s by down

Viva la Phail

Archived