joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it looks like the mountains directly across from us picked up around 4" of rain today. Very active day here on the west side of the Smoky's. Right now the sun is out and it's around 70 degrees with not a stitch of wind. I've got this YouTube video of the rain and this image from my GRLevel3 radar of the rainfall estimates.

rain_gatlingurg.png

Doesn't look good for fireworks in the Atlanta metro area tonight. We need the rain but lots of disappointed kiddies. Thunder very close by now. This will be the third round of rain today.

2rml0ki.jpg

Marietta got hit hard. No fireworks tonight but I am loving the immense amounts of rain. No telling how much we got but it's at least over an inch.

Power just came back on. From what I can see my garden took the brunt of it. A lot of my corn is blown over and my potatoes and sweet potatoes are under water. I wanted rain but Ive had more rain in 7 hours than I had in the previous 40 days.

Looks like Isopycnic's area (Hillsborough) is getting it pretty good.... and if I remember correctly, he's on vacation and not there to witness his heaviest rain event of the year! :whistle:

I was here in the neighborhood at a bbq watching the rain... 1.09" total. First time i have seen puddles in MONTHS! Trees nd powerlines down just north of here in H'boro earlier.

I just got home to no power and trees down everywhere. Ive gotten 3.1" of rain since 2pm and its still pouring. Its going to be a muggy night tonight.

Power just came back on. From what I can see my garden took the brunt of it. A lot of my corn is blown over and my potatoes and sweet potatoes are under water. I wanted rain but Ive had more rain in 7 hours than I had in the previous 40 days.

Wow dude, you must've gotten hammered! I've gotten somewhere around .5", but thats plenty enough for me. Marietta fireworks were a little wet haha but they were still good. Going to Hilton Head tomorrow!

30 minutes before the line got here I would have made a substantial bet I was about to get nailed. Alas, the line split and the gap went right over me. A few wind gusts and that was it. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I got to watch as a nice outflow moved overhead dry as a bone only to fire storms a few miles to my south. We were socked in with smoke most of the day and we really need some heavy rain to soak the ground because right now these storms are more of a threat for starting more fires than they are to relieve the drought.

30 minutes before the line got here I would have made a substantial bet I was about to get nailed. Alas, the line split and the gap went right over me. A few wind gusts and that was it. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Got the shaft down this way as well. Neighbor few 100 yards down the road had a whole top half of a poplar come down with the wind gust, barely missing the house by inches and the rain didnt even get the pavement wet. I.ve had just over 2 inches of rain since the first week of May IMBY. Worst growing(garden) season I've ever expierenced, total wash with the exception of the cucumber and squash. Lost the beans, corn is pathetic., and whats worse is from me down to the coast (Brunswick County) it's worse. We can have 10 months of above or normal rainfall, but these drought ridden May and June periods are getting old year after year. Those are the 2 months I would settle for just normal rainfall. Oh well Football practice starts in 27 days, happy days are ahead.

All those great radar returns that were headed right to us, and we're left smelling the aroma of rain from 2 blocks away. Officially, a trace; unofficially, 1,407 drops on both cars combined. Didn't even discolor the concrete or patio blocks. Maybe tomorrow.

Wow dude, you must've gotten hammered! I've gotten somewhere around .5", but thats plenty enough for me. Marietta fireworks were a little wet haha but they were still good. Going to Hilton Head tomorrow!

There are many angry people now. I still can't believe they set them off in rain and lightning. How ridiculous..... I have seen numerous comments from angry people that they went ahead with it. They even had a rain make up date set for tomorrow. Well it rained hard, why the heck did they not use the rain date?

There are many angry people now. I still can't believe they set them off in rain and lightning. How ridiculous..... I have seen numerous comments from angry people that they went ahead with it. They even had a rain make up date set for tomorrow. Well it rained hard, why the heck did they not use the rain date?

My neighbors were setting them off all night in the lightning and pouring rain. From the sound of them they paid good money for them so they should have waited. We ended up right at 3.5" of rain. I saw two big oaks down on the street that my neighborhood turns off of. One guy lost about a half dozen huge limbs off of his oaks. This spring has been amazing in terms of tree damage from storms.

Picked up 0.75 yesterday with a very impressive t-storm. At one point, for about 3 minutes, it was some of the heaviest rain I have seen in some time as visibility dropped down to just a few hundred feet with a lot of rain. Some amazing visuals though as I was on the very very edge of the heavy rain the entire time. And due to the slow movement, there would be times it was pouring just 200 feet away while only a sprinkle over the house. At one point, it was raining extremely heavy and it was is someone flipped a switch and it just stopped completely. It had to be the heaviest rain I have ever seen to stop so suddenly.

Unfortunately though I could have done a lot better, as i mentioned i was on the very edge...and for a good 30 minutes I could see looking up that I was missing the heaviest part. I was in like an island of stability while being surrounding by heavy rain. I would imagine the areas just to my north and east picked up twice as much.

Archived