12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 19 days, we're (DC) a little over 7 days above average 90+ at this pt. Puts us above roughly 90% of other years. 14 have more -- 1991 and 2010 lead pack with 27.

If we get to 95, and it seems we should.. only 3 yrs will have more 95+ through this date. 1911 (11), 1991 (12), 2010 (10). 1925 and 1934 would be tied with 8. Avg is 2.9 thru the 7th.

I still have a hard time believing this summer is shaping up to be a top 10 hot summer. I've been outside a bunch this summer and just haven't roasted like I have in years past.

I remember last summer being brutal. This summer has been quite tolerable to me.

Last summer was persistent from spring really. This summer has had some nicer breaks which make it somewhat tolerable but the heat has been pretty strong when it is in the area.

I still have a hard time believing this summer is shaping up to be a top 10 hot summer. I've been outside a bunch this summer and just haven't roasted like I have in years past.

I remember last summer being brutal. This summer has been quite tolerable to me.

I agree, it has been a nice summer. I have yet to break 90 at my WV place. with 89.9 my high for the year.

Monday I think will be close again?

Last summer was persistent from spring really. This summer has had some nicer breaks which make it somewhat tolerable but the heat has been pretty strong when it is in the area.

Hard to argue with that. I was outdoors most of the day on Saturday and even though we were in the 90's it just wasn't humid. We've had a lot of 90+ but comfortable humidty this year. Gotta love W or NW flow even in the 90's.

If we get to 95, and it seems we should.. only 3 yrs will have more 95+ through this date. 1911 (11), 1991 (12), 2010 (10). 1925 and 1934 would be tied with 8. Avg is 2.9 thru the 7th.

got it

As someone who tries to golf several days a week, I measure the heat by the number of Gatorades I drink, and the related number of trees I have to "borrow". I agree with you that Saturday was comfortable whereas Monday the 4th was pretty brutal. 40 ounces is normal spring/fall , 60 is a typical 90+ summer day and 80 oi=unces is for a brutal day like Monday.

Hard to argue with that. I was outdoors most of the day on Saturday and even though we were in the 90's it just wasn't humid. We've had a lot of 90+ but comfortable humidty this year. Gotta love W or NW flow even in the 90's.

92 high yesterday at DCA after an 87 high on Friday... running two degrees warmer than yesterday at 8am. Looks like even hotter temps over the next few days, with GFS MOS at 99 and NAM MOS at 98 for Tuesday.

So much for the normal/cool July theory. We MIGHT get normal temps towards the end of the week if the current forecast holds.

Heat advisory up for Tuesday

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM EDT TUESDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A HEAT ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 8 PM EDT TUESDAY. * TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 90S TO NEAR 100 TUESDAY AFTERNOON. * HEAT INDEX VALUES...102 TO 106 DEGREES.

Archived