e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the heat on the EURO is not that impressive. It was way more impressive yesterday when it had 850 temps of about 36. Today for the same time period is 32-33. Hot but not like the hype hot from yesterday

Summer over

the heat on the EURO is not that impressive. It was way more impressive yesterday when it had 850 temps of about 36. Today for the same time period is 32-33. Hot but not like the hype hot from yesterday

Summer over

we don't really need good good placement of features in mid-late July....we can hit mid 90s with very little effort

But...but...the last run had us in the 4"+ qpf???!!!

(I am learning that summer highs projections on model runs seems to draw the same hype from some as qpf runs for winter storms...)

climo isnt be all and end all but it's still a good guide. the idea that multiple days 100+ are probable a week out is hard to believe given history. it's be hot.. we could get a 100+ or two. probably not a sizeable string of them.

That (low 100s) would certainly be a heat wave. Not that weak 90-93 sh!t. That said, its not going to verify.

These "heat" waves this year certainly seem to pale in comparison to last year. We had, if my memory isn't totally gone, about 10 days in Winchester over 100 (fishy, if you ask me) last year. We aren't getting that this year. We've had several days in the mid to upper 90's, but it has been pretty much fleeting. Also, we are getting good amounts of rain this year, and extended periods of beautiful days, like today.

Last year sucked. This year is bearable. It may warm up, but I'll be surprised if the advertised heat being thrown around in the past few posts ever happens. Either way, I can take it as long as we can have some rain thrown in from time to time.

These "heat" waves this year certainly seem to pale in comparison to last year. We had, if my memory isn't totally gone, about 10 days in Winchester over 100 (fishy, if you ask me) last year. We aren't getting that this year. We've had several days in the mid to upper 90's, but it has been pretty much fleeting. Also, we are getting good amounts of rain this year, and extended periods of beautiful days, like today.

Last year sucked. This year is bearable. It may warm up, but I'll be surprised if the advertised heat being thrown around in the past few posts ever happens. Either way, I can take it as long as we can have some rain thrown in from time to time.

If it wasn't for last yr people would be talking how hot it's been this yr in this area at least. We're in top 10% territory to date or so. The breaks have been nice and it's not as persistent because of them but it's been pretty darn warm around here.

I agree, this summer is nothing like last year. Im a plumber and have worked outside every day for forty years. THIS SUMMER IS MORE LIKE THE ONES WE ARE USED TO , FINALLY. Last year was the hottest ever here in Norfolk, Virginia lasting from early June to early August, including those two brutal July 24th and 25th,2010 pair of 105 degree days at the Norfolk international airport ! It only hit 105 here once since 1871 and that was August 7,1918! WOW ! Yes this summer is a weakee compaired to that beast last year ! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

gfs pattern progged reminds me of the 7/25 superstorm last yr in many ways, as far as the pattern goes, not an exact replica, but somewhat similar.

ecmwf, ggem, jma, and gfs all have appeared to run warm at this stage, specifically the ecmwf. around 100 maybe best bet, hard to see it going any higher at this point?

If it wasn't for last yr people would be talking how hot it's been this yr in this area at least. We're in top 10% territory to date or so. The breaks have been nice and it's not as persistent because of them but it's been pretty darn warm around here.

I can see this for DC, and the numbers bear out that its been hot there. But for our region overall, this summer has not really cooked like a majority that I can remember, especially 2010.

Here, its been pleasant by summer standards. Highest I've been all year is 93, June's average high was 80, and I've had 2 90-degree days in half of July. Last July, I'd had 2 days at 99, a 98, a 96, and two 95's by this point in the month.

I can see this for DC, and the numbers bear out that its been hot there. But for our region overall, this summer has not really cooked like a majority that I can remember, especially 2010.

Here, its been pleasant by summer standards. Highest I've been all year is 93, June's average high was 80, and I've had 2 90-degree days in half of July. Last July, I'd had 2 days at 99, a 98, a 96, and two 95's by this point in the month.

right. when i said this area i meant locally, and perhaps the less elevated areas overall. it's maybe not any hotter than some of the hot summers prior to 2010 but it's still rather toasty and if we finish how weve started it will be up there in the dc records at least.

THIS SUMMER IS MORE LIKE THE ONES WE ARE USED TO , FINALLY. Yes this summer is a weakee compaired to that beast last year ! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Kind of hard to beat the all-time hottest summer on record...

Also, the temp anomalies so far this summer (not including today):

post-96-0-88315500-1310708121.gif

With DCA at +4.0 and IAD, BWI both at +3.8, I wouldn't really call this year something that we would be "used to," but it is an improvement over last year's anomalies, which were 1.0-2.2 degrees warmer in the same time period.

When did I ever say that?

While not specifically saying "I think we'll get 100s," you have been posting about the heat and the highs quite a bit without any sort of real analysis as to why it may or may not be realized. Time to see you use that "forecaster" part of you member title!

Kind of hard to beat the all-time hottest summer on record...

Also, the temp anomalies so far this summer (not including today):

post-96-0-88315500-1310708121.gif

With DCA at +4.0 and IAD, BWI both at +3.8, I wouldn't really call this year something that we would be "used to," but it is an improvement over last year's anomalies, which were 1.0-2.2 degrees warmer in the same time period.

While not specifically saying "I think we'll get 100s," you have been posting about the heat and the highs quite a bit without any sort of real analysis as to why it may or may not be realized.

Well we all know it is going to get hot. Just how hot. Potential is there for near 100 or greater temperatures. All depends how much the ridge rebuilds Thursday into the weekend. 0Z GFS really builds it up. Also got to watch what the Typhoon is up to and where it will recurve.

Archived