• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

Afternoon... saw temp/dews of 102/55 and 101/53 at 5pm and 6pm, respectively. Dewpoints had started in the 60s that morning/early afternoon before dropping off.

Also, I made a mistake... the lowest dewpoint was 53, not 52. Corrected the earlier posts.

Ya figured it would start off more moist and dry out in the heat of the day.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. That's pretty interesting. So we hit 100 with DPs in the 60s, but the temps stayed fairly level for a few hours as the DPs fell. Proves that you *can* get 100+ with DPs under 60, though it's kind of a backdoor way of getting there.

drier air heats quicker.. we usually need/want some drying to get our hottest temps. dp 60+ is pretty common in the summer though.

Wasn't that 102 in June at DCA with DP's in the 60s? Or was that jump from dry afternoon heat?

yeah but it was about the lowest dewpoint of the day... i think on most super hot days you'll see that combo. partly since we generally need downsloping to get super hot.

12z GFS likes the heat Friday-Mon... 24c 850s each day for us or at least nearby... long range, FWIW, doesn't show us really doing much better as heights don't really go below 588DM... which suggests to me a lot of 90-95 degree days

12z GFS, if taken verbatim, would suggest a lot more 90 degree days... in fact probably every day would be 90+... starting early next week...and we may be making another run at that 67 90 degree days record

I think subtract 5 from all of those, and you'd end up pretty close.

Ian, zwyts, Ellinwood, MN Transplant ........ contest time in the next few days?

Maybe subtract 3 or 4. This is a badass ridge in the heart of heat season.

Definitely contest-worthy. Maybe hold off until Tues/Wed in order to capture the Fri-Mon period.

Definitely contest-worthy. Maybe hold off until Tues/Wed in order to capture the Fri-Mon period.

yeah, i'd be surprised if we dont get at least one 100+ out of it if it ends up how modeled.

But that's what I'm saying. Haven't these things tended to back off as we get closer to the events?

i think we've seen a few times where we didnt end up getting past the periphery of the ridge so clouds/etc hampered full effect. i dont believe we've seen the models forecast 594+ heights right overhead this season.

yeah, i'd be [somewhat] surprised if we dont get at least one 100+ out of it if it ends up how modeled.

These.

Archived