• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

I just can't believe that this June will be the 4th warmest on record. Not questioning the stats but from a relative standpoint, this june has felt pretty darn comfortable. I've even had the AC off for at least 7 days this month.

Definitely a relativity factor. And when it's been hot, it's generally been really hot (at least from what I remember).

I really don't know what I'd think if we came out somewhere around normal. It'd seem downright cool.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS still showing comfy temps after the 8th through the end of the run. What does the Euro show during that time frame? It would be crazy if we have sub 90's for a week in July.

Euro has the same general idea of the front coming through Wed/Thurs and then pleasant, but does not set up the big Western ridge like the GFS does.

post-1746-0-85629400-1309464010.gif

Euro has the same general idea of the front coming through Wed/Thurs and then pleasant, but does not set up the big Western ridge like the GFS does.

And it's probably more correct going into the middle of the month as the ridge struggles to hold in the West once it builds... with the -PNA/+AMO/drought continuing to work in tandem to keep the S/SE areas above normal. Of course, the onset of the monsoon season brings a new player to the table WRT anomalies.

Looks like we could be setting up for some good warmth across the mid-country and south/southeastern U.S. this month, with the -AO/-NAO keeping the Northeast on the neutral/below side through approx. the first two weeks of the month. Around here I'd say we could be looking at around +3 anomalies on average over the next two weeks... maybe hotter if the drought conditions persist.

Bingo.

nice

+4 on the maxes and +4.6 on the mins

seems like July 2009 was ages ago when we had 70 or lower mins 23 times at DCA that month....There seems to be a fair amount of cheerleading over the 2nd half of June, myself included, but we can do so much better......I don't care as much about the mins, though cool overnight lows are great.....But if we can keep the average max below 89 in July, I wiil give at at least a C+...below 88 and that is at least a B/B+....below 87 gets an A from me......

agreed....12z GFS has backed off some and slowed down....for no other reason than I think it is a superior model, I will hug the Euro on this one.....it may be a case where the mean ridge stays over the drought areas, but climo plus lack of a trough allows us to be 89-94 for a period....we are going to hit 90-92 today with pretty weak 500mb ridging and partial cloudiness....we are entering a period that lasts until around 8/15 where 88+ is pretty easy even with a lot of mitigating factors.....and so you can get a lot of fluke 90-92 readings

This is pretty much what happened

I dunno if officially but they are still valid.

true...looks like July 7th through 22nd is the period of 89 maxes

I wont use them for grading cap weather outlook even if it will help....but will use them for the winter outlook...hopefully they are in full effect by then

Archived