Newest Member
    joxey
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harpers Ferry? I'm going as well.

im not even sure.. i guess i should find out. some "party" (fun) bus goes from arlington out that away. i want to say front royal but that might be wrong. they have two locations i think depending on river levels.

95 for the overperforming high at DCA today.

GFS MOS had the signal but it was hard to jump on given recent heat performance. More often than not the day before a cold front produces well.

day 13 of 90+... 4 above normal through END June.

Wow. What a different summer here west of the Blue Ridge. I've only had 5 days 90+, and no others that were 88-89. Maybe the soil moisture helping out.

I have had 13 days of 85+ this year. (Those were probably all the 90's at DCA.) But last year, I had had 25 days 85+ to this point (6 90's). Really tolerable summer so far.

The 06 and 12z GFS runs certainly dialed back the heat to garden variety:

(raw/MOS)

Sat: 92/93

Sun: 94/95

Mon: 89/90

Tue: 90/91

Wed: 95/92

Was just about to post something about that! Knock off 3-5F for MBY and I can deal with that for July 4th.

Chris, what are your thoughts for the summer as a whole? My limited knowledge of the larger patterns leads me to believe that this will be an easy summer for the MA. No mega SE ridge setting up for weeks on end. Little stints of mid 90's followed by refreshing breaks (like what we have already been seeing)?

Without going into too much detail, I wouldn't say anything too much different than what others have said, the land-surface/atmosphere coupling will be very strong over the drought stricken areas of the south central US which would keep the strong ridge we've seen most of the summer over that region. That being said we will be prone to short periods (<5 days) of above average temperature as EMLs (elevated mixed layers) move east from the main heat ridge, as we have seen several times already this summer.

Chris, what are your thoughts for the summer as a whole? My limited knowledge of the larger patterns leads me to believe that this will be an easy summer for the MA. No mega SE ridge setting up for weeks on end. Little stints of mid 90's followed by refreshing breaks (like what we have already been seeing)?

Do they show what has changed when new numbers are released? If not, should there be an analysis thread?

I dunno. I was going to save the LWX daily stuff before it changes.. Not sure if they'll do tomorrow or if it takes longer to trickle down?

I dunno. I was going to save the LWX daily stuff before it changes.. Not sure if they'll do tomorrow or if it takes longer to trickle down?

I did a lazy cut/paste from the normals and records pages from LWX a few years ago, so I have the norms if you don't want to bother with it. The records are out of date though.

Archived