joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
HEAT WAVE 6 now underway....probably will last 5 days

Deck Pic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont have any stats but it seems the long range gfs has done pretty well lately.. maybe even better than the euro at pattern recognition

yeah...you might be right...there is some general agreement now that the heat holds off at least until 1st few days of July....Howard could be right in the end....Most including myself didnt think this would be a brutal summer anyway....maybe either July or August is a neg departure

yeah...you might be right...there is some general agreement now that the heat holds off at least until 1st few days of July....Howard could be right in the end....Most including myself didnt think this would be a brutal summer anyway....maybe either July or August is a neg departure

Got a 90 today at least!

The NWS zone forecast does not have Leesburg over 90*F through the extended range. Meanwhile, the same zone forecast for Richmond has only a couple days below 90*F in the next 10; several days are forecast low-mid 90's.

This is shaping up to be exactly the kind of summer I was hoping for when I moved here. So little distance, so much difference. Now if it would only rain here any other season than spring, I'd be all set.

In all honesty I don't like hot weather and want as few 90s and possible...especially since I only went for 25-30 (JJA) for th CWG outlook

it's possible you could be close to the tail end if we have a cool july. definitely has not been screaming super hot (daytime) for a while.. verdict still sorta out on the long range tho the models like a big ridge for sure. maybe it'll be a repeat of june with big heat loaded early... euro is a torchfest around the 4th.

Several times over the past 3 weeks or so, I'll look at my zone forecast to see 90's coming in about 5 days. Then, each time, the forecasts will change, and about mid 80's will replace those 90's. Here's hoping that is a trend that lasts.

Seems as if it is cloudy here almost every day. I guess that's doing its share to keep these temps down. Now if we could just get some rain.

The month is going to finish +4?? Sure didn't feel like it. Had to be higher lows moreso than daily highs.

Nope. Highs and lows were both about the same departure. Your perception of normal is just skewed.

Nope. Highs and lows were both about the same departure. Your perception of normal is just skewed.

you might be sort of right but im not sure totally. lows are generally a decent boost of late. sure when we get a day with major + deps on the high it kind of averages out but we're also quite good at (at least DCA) getting high temps near or below normal with low temps still well above normal.

Archived