• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
April 15-16 Severe Weather threat

BTW I hope I'm not overdoing it with spotter reports. Trying not to be a spammer, but this kind of stuff just does not happen around here.

My opinion prolly doesn't count, but I have appreciated the reports, especially since the tornado took out the guy who was streaming the Central Carolina Skywarn Net on Radio Reference.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God, fantastic news brandon. I can't imagine how terrified he was. That is as close as you can get without being destroyed. Absolutely amazing.

thx man, this was very scary for them. i was basically updating him while he was in the bathtub w/ the fam'. Crazy day!

Hey man, I sat this one out as it just was too risky for me to go with no radar. Bozart is in wilson and as I was talking to him he saw some sort of small debris falling from the sky.

That one sup looks to cut Pitt county in half!

Yeah, I am thinking it may pas over the western part of the county, Farmville, Falkland area, very scary considering where I am at. Also looks to be cycling per the last couple passes, so we will see how that shakes out :popcorn:

Damn it, why did I go home this weekend? Ugh, the squall line sucked when it went through GSO as I saw nothing but light-moderate winds and a hell of a lot of rain in a very short time. Talking to some folks back at campus, it sounds like I really missed out! The line really picked up once it moved east of I-85, it seemed.

Major damage reported in Bladensboro according to the Fire Dept, tornado now over Elizabethtown!

BLADEN NC-

512 PM EDT SAT APR 16 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM EDT FOR CENTRAL

BLADEN COUNTY...

AT 507 PM EDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO. THIS

TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR DUBLIN...OR 5 MILES WEST OF ELIZABETHTOWN...

MOVING EAST AT 40 MPH.

THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. THIS

STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG TO VIOLENT TORNADOES. IF YOU ARE

IN THE PATH OF THIS TORNADO...TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY!

Ham radio Skywarn report from S Saunders St in Raleigh--"multiple" buildings severely damaged, street lights torn down, powerlines down, trees down, from the MLK Blvd overpass down to the Beltline.

Wilson County, I-795 northbound at MM 5.5, LARGE TORNADO SIGHTED

Damn it, why did I go home this weekend? Ugh, the squall line sucked when it went through GSO as I saw nothing but light-moderate winds and a hell of a lot of rain in a very short time. Talking to some folks back at campus, it sounds like I really missed out! The line really picked up once it moved east of I-85, it seemed.

This happened to me at UNCG. 3 years there and no storms. day i graduated and left, huge supercell tornado went through SE part.

Hush you :P I just got sprinkles :lol:

0355 PM TORNADO 2 ENE RALEIGH 35.82N 78.60W

04/16/2011 WAKE NC NWS EMPLOYEE

SEVERAL BLDGS PARTIALLY DESTROYED AT YONKERS RD AND THE

BELTLINE. DEBRIS SPREAD UP TO CAPITAL BLVD AND RALEIGH

ICEPLEX.

man..lots hope it was skipping.....

most of the damage reports have been from commicial buildings easy to get too on main roads...lots of homes bewteen reports

Archived