Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April 15-16 Severe Weather threat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's odd about this outbreak is that decently large communities are getting hit, Sanford, raleigh, Louisburg, Smithfield, Kenly, Roanoke rapids, Roxboro, wilson, goldsboro, snow hill and soon to be greenville, NC. Areas west of wilmington and SE VA are bad as well. This is very bad for Eastern NC. :(

More hits on populated areas than I have ever seen in this state in my life, which goes back to the early 60's

What's odd about this outbreak is that decently large communities are getting hit, Sanford, raleigh, Louisburg, Smithfield, Kenly, Roanoke rapids, Roxboro, wilson, goldsboro, snow hill and soon to be greenville, NC. Areas west of wilmington and SE VA are bad as well. This is very bad for Eastern NC. :(

Right up there with if not exceeding March of '84.

Hey everyone. Like everyone else, I cannot believe how amazing and destructive this storm system has been.

2 weeks ago, I decided to write up a post about tornado safety in public places. I actually interviewed managers at Lowe's, Kroger, and other stores common across the United States. Seeing the images of the Lowe's store in Sanford, NC being completely destroyed shocked me, especially after I did research about Lowe's and tornado safety. If you guys have time, check it out:

http://athensgaweather.blogspot.com/2011/04/tornado-safety-are-you-ready.html

I'm really short on time but First off, brandon please send our well wishes to allan and tell him we are all extremely relieved he is ok.

Second...lowes...wow. I truly fear what the loss of life might be with that. The two lowes in athens are packed every singly day. Can't imagine that level of destruction if something hit those two and I'm sure that one is no different :(

Hey everyone. Like everyone else, I cannot believe how amazing and destructive this storm system has been.

2 weeks ago, I decided to write up a post about tornado safety in public places. I actually interviewed managers at Lowe's, Kroger, and other stores common across the United States. Seeing the images of the Lowe's store in Sanford, NC being completely destroyed shocked me, especially after I did research about Lowe's and tornado safety. If you guys have time, check it out:

http://athensgaweath...-you-ready.html

The cameraman just zoomed in on a debris pile that could have been a house with two dogs running excitedly around it FWIW

First off, brandon please send our well wishes to allan and tell him we are all extremely relieved he is ok.

Second...lowes...wow. I truly fear what the loss of life might be with that. The two lowes in athens are packed every singly day. Can't imagine that level of destruction if something hit those two and I'm sure that one is no different :(

No injuries there as reported on WRAL

Archived