amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 15-16 Severe Weather threat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted two minutes ago from Lowe's Facebook page:

Thank you everyone for keeping our Sanford, NC store employees and customers in your thoughts.

According to local authorities, no customers or employees were injured thanks to the quick response of the store team ushering everyone to safety.

Based on how that store looks, there really are miracles.

Posted two minutes ago from Lowe's Facebook page:

Thank you everyone for keeping our Sanford, NC store employees and customers in your thoughts.

According to local authorities, no customers or employees were injured thanks to the quick response of the store team ushering everyone to safety.

Sounds like a job well done by the employees! They deserve a raise!:hurrbear:

I'm amazed there haven't been more deaths. I think there may have been more deaths in AL yesterday and the storms in AL hit very rural areas compared to the storms in NC which hit very populated areas.

a pet peeve of mine is when people do this...the event is just over and it continuing rural areas tot hit hard too..many towns too

the worst was just after the Japan Quake.."so far only on death..good news"

Bertie County Commissioner on WCTI, fatalities in the county, mutual aid request, as they are having difficulties getting into the harder hit areas, which for those unfamiliar this is rural Eastern NC, one or two roads get blocked and areas get cut off. This is in the NE corner of the county specifically, unconfirmed on the fatalities, but he is hearing reports from his sources that there are N of Windsor.

Just got back from Farmville, town smells like Pine tonight! No power, sporadic structural damage, EF-0/EF-1 type stuff, but lots of tree damage, saw several large trees into houses, too many to count. Will get some photos up in a few, they dodged a bullet, big time!

The girlfriend and I drove around Yonkers Road and then around downtown Raleigh about an hour ago to take some pictures and holy god - for those that were in the area, it really reminds me of how Raleigh looked after Fran hit. Certainly on a much more local scale, but the shopping center right off of Yonkers near the beltline had some pretty serious damage to it. Trees were down all across southern downtown with a few trees fallen into homes in the New Bern Ave area, while a few roads back in neighborhoods were barely passable. Will post some pics once there's a picture thread, in the meantime I'm hoping that no reports of any more deaths come in. We're in the 5 points area and took the dogs into the bathroom with us once we saw the funnel just southwest of Raleigh - scary stuff.

200 preliminary tornadoes according to SPC and 1 in GA. Unbelievable. Since the storms came through GA earlier than expected yesterday (between 6 and 8pm), I wonder why there was such a lack of tornadoes in GA compared to AL and NC ? Obviously timing wasn't an issue, since NC has had storms during the same time frame this evening.

WRAL showing absolutely stunning aerial footage right now. One house in a subdivision complete wiped off it's foundation and blown into nearby homes, while those remain largely intact. I'm sure there will be more devastating scenes like this as the evening wears on.

I have the live stresam on is there a seperate link just for the aerial views? thanks

where was this at?

edit" I guess it's dark now

I have the live stresam on is there a seperate link just for the aerial views? thanks

where was this at?

edit" I guess it's dark now

It was on their live stream at the time and I don't think the footage lasted overly long. Chopper reporter was doing some panning around but focused in on this particular subdivision.

Unfortunately I was multi-tasking on a couple different feeds and missed hearing the location. I do know that their live truck was prepping to set up from next to that home, but this has been 10 mins ago now.

*Edit: Will listen to see if I can hear where it was.

I so want to punch out this WRAL news a-hole exploiting these tornado victims with cringe-inducing questions. "You've lost everything and your neighbor may be dead, tell me how you feel."

Like you have to ask that question.

Hmm I thought they'd be happy to loose everything they owned.

Bertie County Commissioner on WCTI, fatalities in the county, mutual aid request, as they are having difficulties getting into the harder hit areas, which for those unfamiliar this is rural Eastern NC, one or two roads get blocked and areas get cut off. This is in the NE corner of the county specifically, unconfirmed on the fatalities, but he is hearing reports from his sources that there are N of Windsor.

Just got back from Farmville, town smells like Pine tonight! No power, sporadic structural damage, EF-0/EF-1 type stuff, but lots of tree damage, saw several large trees into houses, too many to count. Will get some photos up in a few, they dodged a bullet, big time!

My dad is from Farmville. My grandmother still lives in the big old house at the corner of Walnut and Church St across the street from the Episcopal Church. (There's a duplicate house right across the street)

This is bearing down on my aunt in Elizabeth City now.. Warned her.. Shes preparing to take shelter.. TOR warning on it.. still strong coup.. She is just north of town

It's still strong heading for the location you're describing above... All, praryers for Sbos_wx's family!

Archived