• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer 5........The Comeback

Mr Torchey

CTRain I was using sarcasm when I said no one saw it coming. It has looked fairly obvious, for most of us, that this is not going to be anything major for several days.

Most of the weenies are beyond the 3rd and 4th stages of grief at this point, time to accept what it is and move on.

Nothing has looked obvious RE this system and much still doesn't.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

originally I was thinking about heading to the higher terrain north of Will...but now it seems as though this storm is less organized and further east...maybe i should just hike to the top of Blue Hills and have a weenie campout!

seeing as this is quite probably the last shot at accumulating snow (in my area) anyone else interested in driving around at 2am like a weenie ( or dumba$$) looking for snow?

Yeah, I'd still think northern ORH county over towards northern Essex County would be a good starting point... depends on just how much elevation matters in this one. Of course, its going to help but if it comes down hard enough at the right time of day it may not matter all that much. Its not like we are talking 3,000 feet of elevational differences... still, the CP in northern MA may do better than high terrain down south of the Pike if it comes down hard enough. There's still some sneaky warmth at 800mb south of the Pike on a lot of these models.

It's a fine line....N ORH CO has better elevation, but N Essex co and even my area may see better omeg, than they do.

originally I was thinking about heading to the higher terrain north of Will...but now it seems as though this storm is less organized and further east...maybe i should just hike to the top of Blue Hills and have a weenie campout!

Nobscot Hill, Sudbury.

seeing as this is quite probably the last shot at accumulating snow (in my area) anyone else interested in driving around at 2am like a weenie ( or dumba$$) looking for snow?

lol - I've got a 12" bank behind my house you can come check out.

I'd like to know how Kev's driveway banks are doing these days.

. . . Currently - light rain here in Woodstock, CT.

Models are models...they'll always lay an egg at some point. It's never good to live and die by them, but when they all sort of exhibit a trend..it's a little concerning. We'll just have to see what's up. Hopefully the euro is too far east and not allowing the QPF to be distributed wide enough. The euro certainly has laid an egg inside 24 hrs..in fact I think the GFS has done fairly well IIRC this year during that time. Of course, it doesn't mean it has to apply in this situation.

GFS totally messed up the 3/24 storm just a few hours out, had the track off NJ when it ended being off VA.

The thing that concerns me with this system is that the H5 energy is looking increasingly unconsolidated with a weak clipper like feature left over the Midwest, instead of phasing into the l/w trough. The second shortwave sort of loses its intensity off the Mid-Atlantic coast because the system isn't injected with the most potent energy from the northern stream. Here's sort of what we would have liked to have seen:

But then in reality, everything becomes fragmented and the low doesn't bomb until too late, as the 12z GFS shows:

Just too many cooks in the kitchen this time, it seems.

CTRain I was using sarcasm when I said no one saw it coming. It has looked fairly obvious, for most of us, that this is not going to be anything major for several days.

Most of the weenies are beyond the 3rd and 4th stages of grief at this point, time to accept what it is and move on.

confused.. guess GYX, WMUR, pretty much every met, etc missed this signal that was so obvious to you?

GFS totally messed up the 3/24 storm just a few hours out, had the track off NJ when it ended being off VA.

The thing that concerns me with this system is that the H5 energy is looking increasingly unconsolidated with a weak clipper like feature left over the Midwest, instead of phasing into the l/w trough. The second shortwave sort of loses its intensity off the Mid-Atlantic coast because the system isn't injected with the most potent energy from the northern stream. Here's sort of what we would have liked to have seen:

But then in reality, everything becomes fragmented and the low doesn't bomb until too late, as the 12z GFS shows:

Just too many cooks in the kitchen this time, it seems.

unrealistic IMO that the s/w energy does not consolidate in this situation

Archived