joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer 5........The Comeback

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to Ray's 1/27 comment.......

On my mind. We already dug our graves by discussing this storm until the euro gave us all electrical baths, so might as well see how it goes. I was only hoping for like 2-3" of paste at the best...thought it was likely when the GFS came out.

We're still going to see some snow out here. You more than me with your elevation but we'll wake up to white ground.

I think the ground cover is inevitable--otherwise would be a failure of December 2009 proportions (one my all-time favorites). I'm relaly uncertain as to the amounts though given the radical shift east of qpf.

Could we please re enable quoting of closed threads....the fact that we can not is absurd.

The EURO should be incorportated, but it's not far fetched to believe that this can deepen a hair more quickly than the EURO implies, which happens to be the slowest soloution on the table....in turn, that would increase omega and assuage the H85 concerns....especially for this area.....further sw is more pressed.

This is why I hedged heavier for my area, than Kev's, pre EURO....writing was on the wall.

Don't forget that 1\27 event, in which the EURO pulled the plug @ the 12th hour, but was exagerrated in doing so....it's a good model, but it is merely a model and is fallible.

Could we please re enable quoting of closed threads....the fact that we can not is absurd.

The EURO should be incorportated, but it's not far fetched to believe that this can deepen a hair more quickly than the EURO implies, which happens to be the slowest soloution on the table....in turn, that would increase omega and assuage the H85 concerns....especially for this area.....further sw is more pressed.

This is why I hedged heavier for my area, than Kev's, pre EURO....writing was on the wall.

Don't forget that 1\27 event, in which the EURO pulled the plug @ the 12th hour, but was exagerrated in doing so....it's a good model, but it is merely a model and is fallible.

Likewise though just last week it failed to pull the plug totally until inside of 12 hours (tonight). it could just as easily trend worse vs better. We will know soon.

I don't understand all the negativity here... 12z gfs and nam trended towards a colder and bigger walloping of eastern SNE. NOGAPS looks huge for eastern SNE.

The Euro developing the low slightly too late is certainly not something it can be wrong on, and as has been mentioned, it can drop an egg 12 hrs before showtime as it did Jan 27.

Anyone comment on the Euro ensembles?

I don't understand all the negativity here... 12z gfs and nam trended towards a colder and bigger walloping of eastern SNE. NOGAPS looks huge for eastern SNE.

The Euro developing the low slightly too late is certainly not something it can be wrong on, and as has been mentioned, it can drop an egg 12 hrs before showtime as it did Jan 27.

I would say it's a little confusion added to the mix. Not necessarily negativity.

not out till 4, although I think they have less use at this range.

Archived