Newest Member
    joxey
Tulip Trouncer 5........The Comeback

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New BOX snowmap looks great to me

Yeah I think it looks better than the last one...they upped the totals near Ray which I thought were too low earlier. They also increased the gradient more in central ORH county. Might be a touch low in NE CT, but we'll see.

Yeah I think it looks better than the last one...they upped the totals near Ray which I thought were too low earlier. They also increased the gradient more in central ORH county. Might be a touch low in NE CT, but we'll see.

I think it's a pretty good map all things considered pretty much what I'm thinking at this point

Well, I guess someone knew what they were talking about 2 days ago. Can't remember which t.v. met it was but they forecasted .5" for my area, and that's what the map shows today.

Nam looks good but 850s torch across all of ct except extreme western sections all of ri and mass from orh east, just looks funny, the storm itself actually looks better to me this run, looks like mixed precip down here. man all of eastern ct just torches south to north jebus.

Wrist slitter in ct

Not up here---Looks OK

te name='messenger' timestamp='1301601540' post='600484']

Looks like 1-4am it flips to snow west and north of Boston where it may taint prior. Could dump pretty good just before it shuts off.

Wrist slitter in ct

Nam looks good but 850s torch across all of ct except extreme western sections all of ri and mass from orh east, just looks funny, the storm itself actually looks better to me this run, looks like mixed precip down here. man all of eastern ct just torches south to north jebus.

Also looks like a QPF bomb/convective feedback showing up at 18 with 1.5"+ liquid precip on Cape Cod, slightly suspicious. 850s do look incredibly warm however for eastern sections, it really blasts the 0C line north fast so that Hartford is all rain and even Worcester mixes.

Thought they would after the 12z runs trended a little further SE and colder....

My rather inept model interpretation found gfs 6z/12z confusing. The 12z run added about 0.2" qpf to AUG & RUM, while the 12z clown map dropped snowfall by 2-3" for those locations. ???? No p-type issues there on either run.

And made Lincoln to HUL the jackpot.

Yeah looks good...4" for me but the 1" and 8" amounts both about 10-15 miles away. laugh.gif

Nam has like 1.2" qpf here...not sure how much is snow...850 temps look warm.

edit: another look and it looks like I'm so close to snow but probably mix or get crappy sf rates. North of me by 30+ miles gets crushed.

I think its pretty clear now, orh up through interior southern nh and up into maine are the jackpots, the berks went from an absolute crushing to a few inches, incredible changes in such a short period of time.

I dont see anyone in ct getting more than an inch, maybe nw hills but qpf is low there, ne hills look to torch./

Archived