joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Early Spring Snowfall/Rainfall OBS and Disco

earthlight

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the malfeasance of not issuing a warning for LI. The temperature is dropping like a rock. It was 43 ten minutes ago and now it is already down to 42.9. All we need is a little radiational cooling. Mark my words, as soon as the sky clears the rain will turn to heavy heavy snow and then the weather bureauz is gonna have to eat crow.

:popcorn:

Edit: Ooops...intended this for the banter thread.

Some pretty dreadful obs tonight. Crappy warm, stale airmass.

There is like no precip falling tonight, though. I'm sure we would be fine if we had 35dbz returns over the area, but the first event has crapped out.

Looks like about 1" of snow in northern MD and southern PA, although those folks are in the hills. Even DC area had sleet/snow mix.

It's really too bad we couldn't get this storm a couple days ago when we had the pool of -10C 850s over us, would have been epic. The cold pattern in the 2nd half of March has largely been wasted outside of a couple forgettable minor snowfalls. It's really too bad the month wasn't reversed with the -NAO occurring in the first half of March, as that would have been much more favorable from a climo standpoint. However, all will be forgotten if the storm bombs out a little sooner and we get into its CCB.

40/33 OVC.

Archived