e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks like we're dead in the water pending the Euro. I guess everyone down here should have saw it coming. We had the GFS 72 hours out bulls-eye kiss of death yesterday lol.

I don't know, your house is like right on the 0C line on the GFS. 6z was a disaster with the 0C isotherm flying well north of CT, but this run holds it over Litchfield County. Could be a paste job up at Norfolk.

I think everyone is freaking out a bit too much, we saw how the GFS was way too far north with the 3/24 storm, and it's already starting to trend south/colder. Let's see how this plays out, still plenty of time.

with all due respect to the ukie, **** it

I'm not even worried about the changeover anymore.. I'm worried about a Nam type solution which is too far east and doesn't develop the low until later with light snows across NE..

Will, gun to your head.. where would you feel confident right now? Orh to rut to Portland to ports?

I don't know, your house is like right on the 0C line on the GFS. 6z was a disaster with the 0C isotherm flying well north of CT, but this run holds it over Litchfield County. Could be a paste job up at Norfolk.

I think everyone is freaking out a bit too much, we saw how the GFS was way too far north with the 3/24 storm, and it's already starting to trend south/colder. Let's see how this plays out, still plenty of time.

Very close, but I think ultimately I will be a little too far south based on what I've seen from storms that track in this fashion. (Xmas '02 comes to mind.) Then factor in how late it is in the season and I am in big trouble. Would definitely like to see a 25-50 mile tick east at 00z.

Naturally..

Gun to head, early guess for Winchendon, Gardner,mmmmmm Hubbardston?

I think 8-11", better N and W

You'll do fine in this I think. Gardner looks really nice. I wouldn't mind being perched on that ridge at 1300 feet on 140 there near the Ashburnham line.

probably not the best sign that the 12z NOGAPS is a monsoon for eastern sections

It actually looks like a big hit for Boston and N&W...BOS itself might taint at the very end. But that is a good solution for them overall. I'd still feel better if the nogaps showed a SE MA jackpot

Based on the mid level low tracks on the GFS many of us have a ways to go before this turns into something exciting. The major snowstorm look from yesterday with the 500mb low closing on the south coast and really blitzing most of us is gone.

Oh well. Maybe March/April 2012 will work out.

Archived