Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

Reliable sources tell me at least 9".

I want to see what the good Doc has to say. Your first guess totals (10-14) seem like a nice range.

Yeah, Hold off until the doc speaks, I would like to see this bomb a little later for us here, But i think it holds or goes slight SE like the rest did, But i think i am good with what i have right now, I will lock it up after tonights runs

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WCB snows can and have produced huge totals in April. They are generally rarer because in April you usually do not have the wiggle room to get much WAA and still be cold enough for snow in the mid-levels....however, in this particular setup we do have some wiggle room for that. Not much, but enough to get a monster omega WCB thump. It might not pan out that way and we see something different 2 days from now, but as modeled, I think its plausible.

The April 1987 bomb that dumped 17" here (and like 9-10" at your place) was almost totally WCB with the 700 low back in NY State. I'd feel a lot better if things ticked another few miles SE, but we can still survive a GFS scenario.

It's all about the lift. Sure we might dryslot quicker, but if you have massive lift in the column that's below 0C..your good.

Now figuring out where the haves and have nots are, is a different story, but just give me the big lift.

haha no, I just never know when he's referring to "us/me" if he's talking about WeHa or CT as a whole. I really think the euro should be taken into account before anyone jumps one way or another.

I haven't actually "forecasted" anything here... but I would feel better if I lived by you. But I think the odds of a major storm are pretty low for most of CT. Better for Litchfield County.

Holy sh*t we get destroyed up here... that second one is just absolutely ridiculous.

Game on! Can we get 2 feet of snow in a 7 day period between the two storms?

It would be nice to see the snowpack go back up to near 40" in early April. 18-20" currently on the ground.

I'm relatively certain Westchester County doesn't see much from this.

It's going to be hard if the H7 low tracks right over NYC, and backside snows on NW winds are usually overmodeled here due to the downsloping factor. But I could definitely see the rain/snow line setting up over Westchester/Putnam border and pounding the crap out of the high terrain in the Hudson Highlands. Pretty optimistic for our vacation home in the Northern Poconos now, think they might see more QPF than shown with that mid level track.

Ironically the 0C line exactly straddles my county, basically a cruel repeat of this storm as depicted on the 12z GFS. I could do without a redux of what it's now showing.

Will and Scott are probably going to make fun of me for commenting on an event over D7 like this .... buuuuut, if those parametrics come together that way, you would be all snow - period, bank it. Done deal, with no exception. That's Meteorological correction talking.

By the way folks, this current storm kind of has that appeal for me where the core of the precipitaiton shield is blue at Intellicast's p-type, but the edges... say 20-50 miles in is cold green rain. Couldn't you see that as a possible outcome? And ... whom ever is in that core would be getting some big huge hammer aggregates with occasional thunder!

Holy sh*t we get destroyed up here... that second one is just absolutely ridiculous.

Game on! Can we get 2 feet of snow in a 7 day period between the two storms?

It would be nice to see the snowpack go back up to near 40" in early April. 18-20" currently on the ground.

How is the 12z GFS looking for qpf up this way (northern VT)? Was the SE tick enough to take us out of the heavier amounts or will ratio improvement keep this a warning + event?

GGEM certainly looks nice for us.

It's going to be hard if the H7 low tracks right over NYC, and backside snows on NW winds are usually overmodeled here due to the downsloping factor. But I could definitely see the rain/snow line setting up over Westchester/Putnam border and pounding the crap out of the high terrain in the Hudson Highlands. Pretty optimistic for our vacation home in the Northern Poconos now, think they might see more QPF than shown with that mid level track.

Going to be a nail bitter for this region.

Archived