• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

How is the 12z GFS looking for qpf up this way (northern VT)? Was the SE tick enough to take us out of the heavier amounts or will ratio improvement keep this a warning + event?

GGEM certainly looks nice for us.

12z GFS is warning criteria snow for most of VT... total QPF is a widespread area of .75-1.0" and we'll likely be just as cold if not colder than anyone else in this storm being off to the NW sector.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite as wrapped up with that WCB....but its a happy medium for your area. Still dynamic enough that you can get good snows but not so ridiculous that it drives the mid-level 0C line well NW.

There're two more runs before that 0º line stops budging.

Long wave pattern + teleconnectors argue that it's possible. +PNA, Neg NAO dropping to neutral... very cold airmass relative to climo. It's all a question of timing and placement of S/W's as to where the axis of heavy snow sets up... cmon BIRV I know you're smarter than this. Euro was quite consistent on BM track around 72 hours out, so I think it would be foolish to throw in the towel at 48 hours. Obviously there's very small room for error so the 50-100 mile shift basically screws everyone near the coast, but that shift isn't locked in stone just yet.

I think most reasonable people have a low expectation for major snows in april, but to say the pattern doesn't support an east coast snow storm is completely foolish in my opinion.

Negative NAO can drop to neutral. classic weenie phrase, iconic ;D

50 mile shift AWT - we all said that the correction NW might have been over-done. Too early to declare winners/losers obviously, except for the losers who prematurely gave up on this storm.popcorn.gif

Watch that -NAO dropping to neutral, it could help the weenie trendz

Yeah dude the 0C line runs from like JFK to Perth Amboy, Central Park is a bit below 0C at 48 with the 988mb low south of LI. Westchester looks to be at -1C, marginal but probably snow with those dynamics. Impossible to call for Bronx/Manhattan right now.

Easy. No accumulation.

Even on the Euro I think Hartford is hard pressed to get more than a 2-4 of slop kind of deal.

Archived