• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Tulip Trouncer Threat III - April Fool's Joke

Baroclinic Zone

Based on the mid level low tracks on the GFS many of us have a ways to go before this turns into something exciting. The major snowstorm look from yesterday with the 500mb low closing on the south coast and really blitzing most of us is gone.

Oh well. Maybe March/April 2012 will work out.

Get real, dude....many low lying spots come away w 6-12" on that GFS run.

What a wx snob you are lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the mid level low tracks on the GFS many of us have a ways to go before this turns into something exciting. The major snowstorm look from yesterday with the 500mb low closing on the south coast and really blitzing most of us is gone.

really feeling that bad about it huh?

Like I said, you can park the NBC truck in my driveway when I get a foot.

It's all about expectations Ryan. Your exciting may not necessarily be mine or Will's or Ray's.

Get real, dude....many low lying spots come away w 6-12" on that GFS run.

What a wx snob you are lol

lol

I think the GFS is going to be problematic for more places than people are expecting. It may look borderline OK but in reality in April borderline frequently isn't good enough,

lol

I think the GFS is going to be problematic for more places than people are expecting. It may look borderline OK but in reality in April borderline frequently isn't good enough,

Maybe in the CT river valley of CT, but I'll take my chances on receiving about 2\3 of what ORH does...anecdotal, sure.....but I know my local climo.

Maybe in the CT river valley of CT, but I'll take my chances on receiving about 2\3 of what ORH does...anecdotal, sure.....but I know my local climo.

I don't think the GFS verbatim is as good for you as you think it is. That said there certainly is room for this to wiggle east.

:weenie:

Will and I just commented on it. The Tip Gale.

that's a helluva a lot more than a gale my friend.... Pure storm force with hurricane gust a slam dunk, with 30" snow totals over a massive area.

Eh, that's as is modeled...

For the record, the GGEM had something hugely suggested like this in 12z run yesterday, and the 00z Euro was not far behind.

WCB snows can and have produced huge totals in April. They are generally rarer because in April you usually do not have the wiggle room to get much WAA and still be cold enough for snow in the mid-levels....however, in this particular setup we do have some wiggle room for that. Not much, but enough to get a monster omega WCB thump. It might not pan out that way and we see something different 2 days from now, but as modeled, I think its plausible.

The April 1987 bomb that dumped 17" here (and like 9-10" at your place) was almost totally WCB with the 700 low back in NY State. I'd feel a lot better if things ticked another few miles SE, but we can still survive a GFS scenario.

Archived