12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Potential for big event looms large March 28-30

earthlight

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how the CMC has the same look as the gfs/euro, not nearly as amp'd as these models were showing last night

f144.gif

Tells me that these models are all handeling the large scale features in similar fashion. This could be another one of those scenarios where this wave is scrapped in favor of develpment on the next one.

My favorite pattern would be to have a big snowstorm in the first week of April and then be hitting 90 plus by the middle of the month :P

that almost happened in 2003...4-7" of snow on the 7th...88 degrees on the 16th...4/7/1938 had 6.4" of snow...4/15/1938 was 84 degrees...

April 1915 had 10" of snow on the 2nd and two low 90's days late in the month...

We had years when we went from below freezing temperatures to mid 90's within a week...

2002 was below freezing 4/7 with snow flurries...4/16 it was 92 degrees and 96 the next day...

1977 saw 25 degrees 4/9...It was 90 4/12...

1976 saw 25 degrees 4/12 with snow flurries...91 4/17 and 96 4/18...

Euro says the real event is after 240hrs

f240.gif

Too many systems coming from the Pacific over the next ten days. So I wouldn’t trust any model too much, at this point. But I think this storm has probably the best chance of coming up the coast, and turning into Nor’easter for us. With the -NAO/50/50 low block gradually weakening. And an Alleutian low, helping to pump up a classic +PNA ridge out West.

that almost happened in 2003...4-7" of snow on the 7th...88 degrees on the 16th...4/7/1938 had 6.4" of snow...4/15/1938 was 84 degrees...

April 1915 had 10" of snow on the 2nd and two low 90's days late in the month...

We had years when we went from below freezing temperatures to mid 90's within a week...

2002 was below freezing 4/7 with snow flurries...4/16 it was 92 degrees and 96 the next day...

1977 saw 25 degrees 4/9...It was 90 4/12...

1976 saw 25 degrees 4/12 with snow flurries...91 4/17 and 96 4/18...

Thanks Unc! It happened more often than I thought..... note that it's happened during periods of extreme blocking..... late 70s and early 00s. April 1915 sounds like my perfect pattern lol.

Thanks Unc! It happened more often than I thought..... note that it's happened during periods of extreme blocking..... late 70s and early 00s. April 1915 sounds like my perfect pattern lol.

19.4" in PHL. 20-24" in Southern Jersey for 1915.

Large scale features are different on 00z GFS compared to 12z. The vortex in the Pacific is less strong and intrusive on the west, and the confluent 50/50 is further west. We'll see what kind of impact it has on our system further down the line.

The shortwave is much less amplified on the 00z. This is going to be suppressed big time. Massive changes in the Pacific though.

the sunday storm? yup the models have suppressed this one for a while now, there are 2 more waves after that one that im watching, then it is done.

Don't like the looks of it. the longwave toff in the SW doesn't look like it will come east until at least 3 days after the cold air is gone.. Nice looking shotwaves but they all die out after they leave the SW troff.

Or maybe it's just not handling the shortwaves right at this time.

00z euro says day 8-10 is the period to watch now - i feel like the big threat is being pushed back and back -but then again HM said there will be a few suppressed storms before a big one in early april. That theory is strongly supported by the euro/gfs tonight.

but fwiw, verbatim tonight the euro has a 988mb low over NYC all rain

00z euro says day 8-10 is the period to watch now - i feel like the big threat is being pushed back and back -but then again HM said there will be a few suppressed storms before a big one in early april. That theory is strongly supported by the euro/gfs tonight.

but fwiw, verbatim tonight the euro has a 988mb low over NYC all rain

Yeah, It takes the low from the lower Mississippi River valley south of us more or less right over NJ. Would probably be a big snow producer for northern New England and Western PA.

I would settle for a strong bombing Noreaster with impressive winds if we can't get any snow out of it. In any event, it's a good sign to see that the storm is there on multiple models. Plenty of time to hammer out the specifics.

f216.gif

Archived